Tyre Repairs
Guys, what is the recommendation with regards to repairing tyres?

Just fitted a new 207 rear in preparation to ride up to Sydney from Melbourne but found a piece of glass in it at Albury. I had to put this latex like substance into the tyre to keep going because there weren't any shops open.

Can the tyre be repaired? Or is it gone..

John
<i></i>
I rode over 2000k's after having my tyre repaired. I did it after receiving "good" advice that there would be no ill-effect. However, there are many who give "good" advice to not trust it.

My repair was done properly, and there had been no gunk sprayed in (which some say ruins tyres). I think a big factor is how far around towards the wall of the tyre the hole was...

Anyway, I decided to follow the advice of the guy who performed the repair (and could have sold me a new tyre) who I trusted. <i></i>
The puncture is right in the middle of the tyre. So it is not close to the side at all.

Does that make a difference?

<i></i>
I believe that it does. Not sure about the exact physics of it all, but dead centre is supposed to be less of a problem than around near the wall... <i></i>
HI everyone
I just had to do a repair myself the other day I was in two minds myself as to weather I do the repair or not .
I would say that there was about 1000km left on the tyre and at the cost of them we need to get the most out of them we can get .I would hate to think that every time I got a puncture that I would have go and get a new tyre but I suppose it has to be done with caution . One thing to keep in mind is that if you do a repair with a latex repair you should have the tyre removed from the rim as soon as possible they can build a heavy spot and give a bad speed wobble so get it cleaned out and do a proper repair as soon as possible if you intend to keep it . also the same balance problem may happen to a repair you should have it rebalanced also . I know you dont think its much but just remember that at high speed that weight will become much bigger and its at speed you don't want to find out you have a problem .

I am not a tyre expert so take this as you want its just common sense
Keith <i></i>
Do most people carry a tyre repair kit when traveling
and if so any suggestions on which ones are the best?

Regards Buzzard <i></i>