best zero compromise busa tyre for the street??
the question is somewhat rhetorical, but will genuinely appreciate any and all opinions based on personal experience...

conditions:
strictly speaking for the hayabusa;
tyres designed to work without warmers / have to be avail in 190 rears;
zero compromise means outright grip / feel in the dry (ie. all other factors are not an issue)...
Dunlop 208GPBridgestone 012SSPirelli Dragon Supercorsa (street compound)Pirelli DIABLO CORSAother (please elaborate)Show results <i></i>
Never been happier with the tyre choice (Pirelli) I have at the moment for all round riding. Gone is the dreaded Busa wallowing through the fast sweeping corners.
There's always going to be compromise, that's why we're all so bias.
Still have the Diablo Corsa on the front. (12000 klms) And looks good.
Today fitted the second Diablo Corsa for the rear. Managed 7000 klms outa the first. But the tyre was unroadworthy before that. (But don't we all try to squeeze in another latte ride and only use the bits of the tyre that's roadworthy?)
When I get back into the 1500 klms a fortnight commuting during the cold months I'll throw a HPX on the rear. Good for 10 000 klms.
Just my 2c worth and over 80 000 klms Busa riding bias opinions.
Cheers, Phil. I need a tyre sponsor! <i></i>
For me it would have to be Metzeler M-1, good grip right from the start, predictable slides, not much tyre life and good for a 1.50 around the creek.

haven't tried the rensports yet but anxious to see what there like. <i></i>
Have to go the 012ss ,as you know Bigshow,im a bridgestone man myself. <i></i>
The Diablo in 180 was just awesome. It almost matched the 208 I had on the front and inspired confidence i never got out of the 190 dunlop. It was also gone completely at 4K.
Mind you the Diablo handled diesel spills very badly! :"> Tended to fall over and destroy the bike!:">

Max Madmax - GSX1300R Road terrorising Hayabusa (makes the road scared)
God is alive and well, He flies a big Suzuki too fast, carries 2 loaded .357 Magnums and feeds bike thieves into Hell
Good Bike, Good Woman, Good Road, Good Weather, Good God - Good Bye!
Smith and Wesson - The original point and click interface.
Gun Control means using both hands!<i></i>
It is funny you should mention the Diablo's Max as I recently went back to dunlop from the Dragon, I got excellent mileage out of it but riding on them in the wet was an exercise in massochism.
<i></i>
I'd agree with Kama on the M1's exept that i'd say the tyres have a good life span (but that might have something to do with how he rides ). I get about 10,000 per rear and the front looks like it will go close to 20,000.

Viking <i></i>
Hi Anthony,
I loved the Corsa after the 208, but partly because I went down to the 180 section tyre mate. I have a corkscrew corner that goes from an underpass doing a hard left hander and becomes the overpass. I was able to increase my "comfort" high speed run by over 10kph with increased stability by using the 180. I was dissappointed with the 208 because of lack of feedback and confidence. The Diablo overcame both.

Cheers

Max Madmax - GSX1300R Black and Blue Buses Rule
<i></i>
Interesting poll responses...

word on the street is Pirelli has got / or in the pipeline a busa spec Diablo Corsa with a stiffer sidewall. For mine the sidewall is not the problem, the freakin compound is too hard, particularly up front!

Kama 1:50 around the creek is more to do with the rider than the tyres...you sound like a Metzler man and no doubt the Rennsports are very good, but I'll go out on a limb and say the supercorsas might be slightly better...

Who voted for the 012SS?? I know next to no-one who has used these on a busa, interested to hear recommendations / comparisons with other brands...

<i></i>
The new Busa has a Diablo on the rear, i needed a new tyre and them fitting one for nix was part of the deal. They left a BT56f on the front! What is that piece of crap doing on this bike? The damned thing pushed sideways the first time I stuck a bit of weight on it today!
I will definitely go back to the 208 up front. Combined with the Diablo at the rear, it really does inspire confidence. Doesn't last long, I got a little over 6k out of the last one.

Cheers

Max Madmax - GSX1300R Black and Blue Buses Rule
<i></i>
Yeh probably, but i would be great to stick different tyres on the same bike and see what there like around the track. <i></i>
I'm on my second set of Bridgestone 012SS tyres. I originally changed from 010s for a track day. They are so good I have stuck with them. They wear well and are really grippy right from cold. Great tyre.

Cheers Frank. <i></i>