HELP! Lowering link settings.....
lightbulb 
Hi all,
Just need some help please.
I have received my Brocks Performance and Roaring Toyz goodies from Shayne at Cyanide Racing (cheers mate Clap )
I have the Roaring Toyz 5 hole lowering links for the Gen2.
I am wondering if anyone can tell me which hole drops to which height..... i beleive (please correct me if i'm wrong) that this link will drop 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5 and 3 inches. I was aiming to drop 2 inches.
My guess is that it would be using the middle hole out of the three along the top, any help would be appreciated.
Every (k) over is a THRILLER ! Pi_tongue

2012 AHC BOTY Best Gen 2
2013 VVMC Best Japanese
2013 Australian Hayabusa Show & Shine BEST IN SHOW
2013 AHC BOTY Bike Of The Year Trophy
(02-07-2012, 11:59am)TheAlchemist Wrote: Hi all,
Just need some help please.
I have received my Brocks Performance and Roaring Toyz goodies from Shayne at Cyanide Racing (cheers mate Clap )
I have the Roaring Toyz 5 hole lowering links for the Gen2.
I am wondering if anyone can tell me which hole drops to which height..... i beleive (please correct me if i'm wrong) that this link will drop 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5 and 3 inches. I was aiming to drop 2 inches.
My guess is that it would be using the middle hole out of the three along the top, any help would be appreciated.

This my help . Scroll down to Blackzooks post .
http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...ring+links

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
Thanks Greeny
I can see the ratio's and measurement calculations, cheers.

Has anyone had experience with these links?
Just after a quick answer on which hole lowers by how much if any of you know.

2012 AHC BOTY Best Gen 2
2013 VVMC Best Japanese
Bump

2012 AHC BOTY Best Gen 2
2013 VVMC Best Japanese
(03-07-2012, 09:39am)TheAlchemist Wrote: Bump

If Stock is 119 mm between hole centers & you want it 2 " lower (48mm ).
If you use the holes with 135 mm centers ( 16 mm longer than stock), at a ratio of 3-1 it should lower the rear by 48 mm 2" between friend's .

(03-07-2012, 04:31pm)Greeny_SA Wrote:

If you use the holes with 135 mm centers ( 16 mm longer than stock), at a ratio of 3-1 it should lower the rear by 48 mm 2" between friend's .

And you'd think that being an Estimator I would have worked that out, Greeny you're a trooper mate, thank you, I hadn't yet removed the stock link and therefore hadn't thought of the obvious option of measuring stock and working it out. Seems my brain gets left at work at the end of the day too huh. Thank you very much for your help. I emailed roaring toyz for general assistance too and their sales manager got straight back to me with PDF fitting instructions and photo reference. (the PDF doesn't give which hole is what height setting but I'm happy to put the sheet up for those who want to see it)
Thanks again Greeny :)

2012 AHC BOTY Best Gen 2
2013 VVMC Best Japanese
(03-07-2012, 04:31pm)Greeny_SA Wrote: If Stock is 119 mm between hole centers & you want it 2 " lower (48mm ).

Heya Greeny, at the BB this year.....when ya get a spare minute....could you please explain "whyshagherarse" theorum to me please!?! Lol3Boobies4Lol3

.jpg   pythag.jpg (Size: 9.49 KB / Downloads: 49)

Wm

(04-07-2012, 01:07am)TheAlchemist Wrote:
(03-07-2012, 04:31pm)Greeny_SA Wrote:

And you'd think that being an Estimator I would have worked that out, Greeny you're a trooper mate, thank you, I hadn't yet removed the stock link and therefore hadn't thought of the obvious option of measuring stock and working it out. Seems my brain gets left at work at the end of the day too huh. Thank you very much for your help. I emailed roaring toyz for general assistance too and their sales manager got straight back to me with PDF fitting instructions and photo reference. (the PDF doesn't give which hole is what height setting but I'm happy to put the sheet up for those who want to see it)
Thanks again Greeny :)

Glad to help . I Made a set to raise mine & once you've done it, it becomes easier to get the head around .Thanks to Blackzook's detailed instructions .Bazman, I'm a fitter & turner not a Mathematician .

Yeah thanks again Greeny. Was up through the wee hours last night so decided to trace the link, mark the centres and do the math......
The results were a little wierd though......
i expected the holes to be .5, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5 inch or something like that however this wasn't quite the case, i CAN use a ruler LOL and i did check this twice, based on the 3:1 ratio you gave me the follwoing is the result.

The spacing looks like this (big 0 = top holes, little o = lower holes)
Olympic ring style layout.

single end " O 0o0o0 " Options end

so in order from left to right the measurements from the single end to each of the five holes are: (stock length 119mm)
121mm = 2mm over = 6mm on ratio = 0.23"
127.5mm = 8.5mm over = 25.5mm on ratio = 1"
135mm = 16mm over = 48mm on ratio = 1.88"
141.5mm = 22.5mm over = 67.5mm on ratio = 2.65"
148mm = 29mm over = 87mm on ratio = 3.42"

So have i totally messed up primary school maths or does that look about right??????
Either way i will go with the middle hole on the top row which is 48mm so in theory 2" drop for the rear.

2012 AHC BOTY Best Gen 2
2013 VVMC Best Japanese
Sounds ok to me . Increasing the distance of the hole center's by 16 mm
should give you a 48 mm height drop , 16 mm X 3 = 48 mm .