'99 Fairing lower bolt set-out question.
My '99 is R/B number 227. B1's '99 is R/B number 542. 315 bike build difference. I noticed a couple of weeks ago when they were side by side that the lower fairing bolt set-out was different, and always see this difference in almost any Gen1 pic I see.
Mine has a straight bracket underneath the bike that links each fairing side to eachother with a screw on each fairing side. B1's has a screw on each side fairing about 10cm behind the lowest most forward fairing screw (the one at the front of the belly pan) and a bracket that runs circular like from one side to the other to locate the fairing which was obviously done to improve servicability.
Just interested to see what build number this happened on (or there abouts)? Cheers.
I thought the joining bracket only happened after 2000...
If it's a 99, it may be an after-market addition or a crash and repair job. I'm only guessing though.
Kat I had a Red / Black that i put a bracket underneath ? Is it a straight bracket with two nuts welded to it ? Curious ? But agree with Pan would be an after market addition. Does it have a "special" number plate bracket ? If so could be my old red / black.
I remember there was a part number for that bracket... don't remember what it was though. THat may reveal when Suzuki released them/included them.
Was pretty early Pan as the panels used to gape open really badly with out it. I know the first blue silver that cam out had them
First Blue/Silver was 2000 or 2001?
First blue/silver is 2000, got one .2001 blue/silver had the colors reversed .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
My 99 never had one, so I fitted the bracket to stop the panels from coming apart like Pete said.
Pan, yours is/was the same as mine with the straight bracket with a nut welded either end that bolts from directly under the fairing. Members Photos thread 'Red Bling' shows your bike with only the one lower fairing bolt on the side, without another one about 10cm behind it. So it must at that stage have been the straight bracket bolting from directly under the bike. What number was that bike? When I did remove the right side fairing from B1's, there was no evidence that it ever had the straight bracket. No holes or evidence thereof, and the slots that locate the straight bracket to the fairings was also not evident. I cannot see it as being a repair job, just a serviceability upgrade from the factory in the production line! I will have a closer look when I can. What's BAZMAN's R/B number and set-out?
PS, Fasterfaster, both these bikes have stock rear guards so probably not your ex.
Mine was no. 145
My current one is No. 262 and doesn't have it either
(04-09-2010, 08:36am)Katana2 Wrote: What's BAZMAN's R/B number and set-out?

I'm away at work for the rest of the weekend....I'll check it out & let ya know when I get home, ok?

Coolsmiley
I made a bracket. 6mm aluminium, just threaded that and bent it a bit. But I made mine about 10 mm longer to actually hold the two halves apart a bit to allow room to wrap heat tape around the headers, otherwise too tight a fir.
OK. While we were at Bathurst on Satruday, up on the Mountain we saw 9/99 R/B number 537 (not a forum member, but we nudged him in this direction, F#$'n clean stock '99 by the way). That's only 5 bikes away from B1's 9/99 R/B number 542. B1's has the circular bracket (not a fabricated item) and 537 only had the one lower fairing bolt so must have been the straight bracket underneath the fairing halves!
I still dont have a bracket nor the holes in the panels for one (still original panels) ..........on my 02/99 #33. But yea the panels easily come apart underneath, dont really bother me if sits right or just out (bottom section).
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
That could be right Volvi. Crumpy's 2/99 R/B #72 has neither the straight bracket underneath to connect the fairings, nor the curved bracket. And it doesn't mate properly underneath! Hmm. Maybe the very first edition had nothing connecting the 2 fairing halves except for the peice filling in underneath the oil cooler. Then there was a production run with the straight peice of metal with the 2 welded bolts to connect the fairings on the underside of the bike, then in 9/99 at about #540, they changed to the cicular bracket which bolts to the bike and both fairing halves bolt to the bracket just back from the lowest forwardmost bolt on either side. I must have too much time to waste!!! Gunna kill the remainder of the braincells with more beer. Mmmmm...Beer