Servicing in SA
Hey guys, where do you get your busa serviced in SA?

I had a quote today for an oil and filter change, coolant and brake line flush ready for summer, round $350 and was wondering what you all think?

I normally do me own cars and they cost round $60, not sure on the busa tho!
Do your own oil change - it's better
Price sounds about right. I've had my last few services done by Kessners and have been happy with their service. Now that my bike's only under the extended warranty I'm going to do all my own servicing, except maybe tappet clearances. I think the extended warranty was probably a waste of money. I don't like being tied down to Suzuki servicing, and the claim limits and conditions make it seem worthless.

I would suggest considering doing most servicing yourself. It's not hard, and you don't need many tools. Most importantly, no one's going to care about your bike as much as you do.
If it's too loud....You're too old!
If it's too fast....You're too old!
If it's too sexy....You're ???
I got kessners to do my 1000k Service, this was really just for the stamp in the owners manual incase i ever sold her, in the meantime i always service her myself, ita a simple job!
(12-08-2011, 08:22pm)hendrixhc Wrote: Hey guys, where do you get your busa serviced in SA?

I had a quote today for an oil and filter change, coolant and brake line flush ready for summer, round $350 and was wondering what you all think?

Mate 350 buck's for that , I do my own but for 350 I'd almost have a crack at your's . Iv'e got a stamp for the log book Beer Dispensing Services Pty Ltd ,but Seriously , Carbon /King/Moshy & Me all use Jason At victor harbor motorcycles . Nice ride & they'll lend you a bike to get into victor for a snack or beer.I call it Trust & I can't get it from the 2 city dealer's . Victor m/cycles do my major services only .I Thought you were a Mechanic ,feeling lazy ? I'm a tight bastard & won't pay anyone to do anything I can do Myself .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
(12-08-2011, 11:14pm)Greeny_SA Wrote:
(12-08-2011, 08:22pm)hendrixhc Wrote: Hey guys, where do you get your busa serviced in SA?

I thaught you were a Mechanic ,feeling lazy ? I'm a tight bastard & won't pay anyone to do anything I can do Myself .

"I aint no mechanic i'm a sheetmetal man!"

But seriously never thought of servicing the bike myself. Thought it would be better to get a professional to do it cause i've never worked on bikes.
Its seriously simple Fella, putting the Farings back on is the trickiest bit on a GENII, but once youve done it a couple of times its a sinch! Pi_thumbsup
Do it yourself mate,or if your not sure give me a yell and Ill help you out. If you buy all the gear yourself you will save $150-$200 depending on on what oil ,filter ,coolant and brake fluid you use and you'll get the satisfaction of doing it yourself.
I have tried a few here and have always had a good job done at DA Motorcycles at Salisbury. For my 24K PS quoted about $700 and DA did it for $500.
My last normal service was around $240.