can i run power front and pilot road 2 rear
can i run a pilot power front an pilot road 2 rear?

got good rear tyre need few more months out of it but can`t afford the pilot road2ct will this combo work?
rear is pilot road 2ct
front pilot road 2ct but is cactus can get a pilot power cheaper
will this combo work ok until i can get new tyre`s?Idiot2
It will be fine mate go ahead
(23-02-2011, 07:12pm)BLACKZOOK Wrote: It will be fine mate go ahead

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...K:MEWAX:IT

$246,50 for a brand new set of tyres!
(23-02-2011, 07:25pm)donovandon100 Wrote:
(23-02-2011, 07:12pm)BLACKZOOK Wrote: It will be fine mate go ahead

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...K:MEWAX:IT

$246,50 for a brand new set of tyres!

thanks mate still out of budget at moment need front brakes to thinking galfer from bike gear wherehouse for 39 a set
I've got a power on the front and 2ctroad on rear.

I find them an excellent combo.

should both wear out about same time too.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
(23-02-2011, 08:07pm)Ward P Wrote: I've got a power on the front and 2ctroad on rear.

I find them an excellent combo.

should both wear out about same time too.

It worked out fine for me too, although I did wear the front at twice the rate of the rear though.
Just finished a ride day with this combo. The front was brilliant, the back was Very very good. used "ALL" of both tyres, scrap marks on fairing and bent footpags back whilst hanging off and scraping knees, both tyres totally planted.

Where the Road2ct fell down for me is in when I started getting the power on out of the corner. After a few laps it got very "gooey" and I needed to be very light with the right hand hand to stop it stepping out, even when quite upright (although the tyre combo was quite old before I started)

On the plus side it leaves brilliant darkies out of every corner Lol3

For on the road I couldn't fault the combo.
I used to run Metzler M3 front & Pilot Rd rear. Very good combo.

now I run Power Pure front & 2ct rear. I seem to change 2 fronts to 1 rear.

Great combo.
(01-03-2011, 08:58pm)Ward P Wrote: Just finished a ride day with this combo. The front was brilliant, the back was Very very good. used "ALL" of both tyres, scrap marks on fairing and bent footpags back whilst hanging off and scraping knees, both tyres totally planted.

Where the Road2ct fell down for me is in when I started getting the power on out of the corner. After a few laps it got very "gooey" and I needed to be very light with the right hand hand to stop it stepping out, even when quite upright (although the tyre combo was quite old before I started)

On the plus side it leaves brilliant darkies out of every corner Lol3

For on the road I couldn't fault the combo.

this is the result of the trackday.

Note they don't shred up as much as the softer ones.

scrapes on right side of fairing

scrapes on left - also not that engine case and bolts also touch if you push too hard.

This was done with the Road2ct rear and Power front.

So they do match and hold on rather well.
That's some serious scraping there Wardie!
I Reckon thats about as far as you are going to get it to lean Mate .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
(04-03-2011, 06:03pm)Greeny_SA Wrote: I Reckon thats about as far as you are going to get it to lean Mate .

I reckon you may right Lol3. I tried to do all the right things, wide entry lines, hard flick, straighten apex, hang off knee down. . . but that track is just sooo adictive. . . and when there's someone in front, well it's game on Roll
(04-03-2011, 04:03pm)pan Wrote: That's some serious scraping there Wardie!

Thanks, yeah it impressed the hell out of me when I saw it. You may notice there's also a centrestand under there . . . well half a centrestand now Roll It may have contributed a bit to the left hand side, as when it scraped through southern loop, it had a habit of lifting/lightenning the back wheel a bit and skating. - Funny though, it still felt quite ok, just let you know that was the limit of the lean angle. After it scared the bjesus out of me the 1st time and the back drifted out, I was ready every other time and prepared. Felt great.
(I suppose it's one way to drop some more weight Lol3)