oil sight glass
Hi guys,
Not sure if this has been asked before or not, but I am replacing my K9 clutch cover with a chrome one that I bought from the US, it's not the billet type but an OEM, my question is, how does the sight glass get attached to the housing. I haven't as yet taken the original off in case I need to buy anything special.
I also assume that the original sight glass can be removed and re-used.
Any advise or help is appreciated.

Cheers,
Rob.
Rob,
Not 100% sure if Busa is the same, but i recently bought a Lock up Clutch for my old GSX, the original cover was replaced with one that came with the new clutch, it came with no viewing glass.

I was able to purchease a genuine viewing glass from Suzuki and have the locating hole machined in its appropriate position in the cover, then it was pressed into place.

Hopefully this will be the same for your K9.

Matt.
(05-01-2011, 09:53am)Troopmaster Wrote: Rob,
Not 100% sure if Busa is the same, but i recently bought a Lock up Clutch for my old GSX, the original cover was replaced with one that came with the new clutch, it came with no viewing glass.

I was able to purchease a genuine viewing glass from Suzuki and have the locating hole machined in its appropriate position in the cover, then it was pressed into place.

Hopefully this will be the same for your K9.

Matt.

Thanks Matt,
I went to Suzuki and they also said it pressed in, they recommended that i use Threebond 1104 aswell, this is a liquid gasket that when dry is like rubber, they claim it is what Suxuki uses.
I'll see how I go, thanks again.

Rob.
Loctite 515 is also a good sealant choice.