Think my speedo is out!
Quick blast today, it still makes the hairs on my arms stand up after 11 years when I really let her have her head on a public road. What a rush, haven't let her have her head for a loooong time, $3.40 showing on the speedo, (got a 43 tooth rear sprocket so she's about 10% out((at least)))
Stock standard, must have close 150,000k on the clock, and purrs like a kitten.

but what a buzzz! In a 1 hr ride I didn't see one other vehicle, don't you just love ridin' mid week in out here through the hills in North east victoria!!
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
ya got some nice ridin' roads round there, Ward....Pi_thumbsup

can i be blatantly honest and say that i'm more than just a little envious!!!!

150,000km....and still purring like a well-poked pussy!!??!! YesVery Happy Yay....that's nice to know, for future reference for me and my (56,000km) stock red/black bitch!!!

Coolsmiley
(25-11-2010, 07:15pm)Ward P Wrote: Quick blast today, it still makes the hairs on my arms stand up after 11 years when I really let her have her head on a public road. What a rush, haven't let her have her head for a loooong time, $3.40 showing on the speedo, (got a 43 tooth rear sprocket so she's about 10% out((at least)))

but what a buzzz! In a 1 hr ride I didn't see one other vehicle, don't you just love ridin' mid week in out here through the hills in North east victoria!!
i went down one tooth on front about same as 3 bigger on back and 110 is actually 125 on my speedo
(28-11-2010, 04:01pm)busa666 Wrote:
(25-11-2010, 07:15pm)Ward P Wrote: Quick blast today, it still makes the hairs on my arms stand up after 11 years when I really let her have her head on a public road. What a rush, haven't let her have her head for a loooong time, $3.40 showing on the speedo, (got a 43 tooth rear sprocket so she's about 10% out((at least)))

i went down one tooth on front about same as 3 bigger on back and 110 is actually 125 on my speedo

I've got a GPS unit, so I suppose I should find out exactly what is 100, instead of just guessing 10% or just sitting well back behind the fastest moving non-loony. . . .

. . . Actually, that's how I tend to travel on freeways(when I have to) -spot a 'good' late model vehicle that's obviously on cruise control, and just keep a constant distance. It often intrigues me when I see other bikes when I'm in the car, and you pass them/they pass you /you pass them/ until one of us gets the shits, and I'm sitting at constant speed on cruise! (sorry - my nightly rant - hate this rain!)
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .