changing gearing
not sure if I want to go down this track or not but if I do what is involved in getting the speedo to read correct. I am thinking of gearing down a little for the bit of extra down low punch, cheers Steve. ps which is better one tooth on the front or 2 or 3 on the rear.
You can get a speedo healer, they work great .You can get from here or elsewhere ,but this will explain .
http://www.pashnit.com/product/speedohealer.html

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
Steve, try going -1 at the front and +2 at the back. (I did this.)
As Greeny says, use a SpeedoHealer to recalibrate your speedometer.
"casting dispersions on others credability." And their illiteracy.
Steve you have PM
-1 front +4 back, pluss a speedo healer.... its great,

I'm thinking of now going -2 front.

The speedo heeler also has a top speed recall button, to recall the highest speed reached...
its great!
is a gen1 doing 4200 rpm at 120kmph standard?
"If you're going through hell, keep going"
(21-09-2010, 10:13pm)DAVE01 Wrote: is a gen1 doing 4200 rpm at 120kmph standard?

Mine shows 4000rpm@120kph, but at 4200rpm the speedo would be more accurate with std gearing - 17/40.
My bike with 18/40 gearing is approx. 0.5% slow.
Speedo Healers are great when you change gearing, you just need to do a quick recalibrate for an accurate reading!!

Biker
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
I think some where in the ECU program you can adjust it also, Petes the Man He would know, It could have been in the Gen 1 ECU cant remember but did see it somewhere Biker
This link might help you with your gearing choice.

http://www.gearingcommander.com/
TRAITOR
thanks everyone, still not sure yet if/when I will change but appreiciate the info, cheers Steve.
(21-09-2010, 07:00pm)Steve Wrote: not sure if I want to go down this track or not but if I do what is involved in getting the speedo to read correct. I am thinking of gearing down a little for the bit of extra down low punch, cheers Steve. ps which is better one tooth on the front or 2 or 3 on the rear.

i did 1 on front made big difference but also now considering doing 2 on back to. did this on my old gsxr1000 03 model but over did it front wheel was always in the air. how ever think the busa being slightly longer and heavier would handle this nicely makes it very responseive and will still get bike up to near 300kph umm i mean on a track that is (wink wink)
Just a quick one lads,

Whats the most you could get away with before needing a different length chain?

Am thinking 2 on the rear for some more paws up action.

Thanks
only a rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the car window...
(23-09-2010, 10:57am)Camikaze Wrote: Just a quick one lads,

Whats the most you could get away with before needing a different length chain?

Am thinking 2 on the rear for some more paws up action.

Thanks

If you change the sprockets you should always change your chain at the same time.
"casting dispersions on others credability." And their illiteracy.
The gearing comander link tells you if you need a longer chain and by mow much.
TRAITOR