Gen 1 Suspension Settings
Hey guys n' gals,
Been thinking about suspension settings on my bike (particularly for riding with the missus and luggage to Tathra). Done the Nymboida Run earlier this year and the bike didn't feel too bad (not that I can really push the bike with her majesty on the back...gotta stay in cruise mode Pi_thumbsdown ) but should I be looking at bumping up the rear preload to account for the extra weight (I'm about 95kg, the missus is about 65kg, plus about 20kg of luggage at a guess), or just leave it well alone?
Interested to hear from anyone who has done a bit of travelling on a Gen 1....Simmo, Blackzook, Heidi?

Cheers
Craig
Sorry mate, can't help there. The three of us were solo on our bikes, and I rarely take a pillion on my Gen1 (unless I am trying to impress some random boy). I have my suspension set up for my weight, but that is no help for you with your pillion and gear.

Over to suspension experts.
If you by the book to stiffen it up

Rear
rebound 10-11 clicks, bottom one, from left to right
comp 7-8 top one from left to right

Front
rebound 3
comp 9
(09-08-2010, 05:09pm)simmo Wrote: If you by the book to stiffen it up

Rear

Front
rebound 3
comp 9

That will make it wallow simmo Very Happy All the settings in the manual are too soft for most of us larger Australian people.

Ceejay, you have a PM mate.
Thanks Graham.
Hope this helps follow the link and check out the similar descriptions through You Tube.

Learn this and you can also adjust on the fly when doing big trips and varying your weight loads.

There are also some articles in the suspension area of these forums, one in particular that was well researched.

I concur those proposed settings may cause a wallowing effect.

This is easy stuff to do and rewarding when you have even more control over your connection with the machine.

Good luck and always keep some adjustment tools with you on a ride.

[url=http://www.sportrider.com/suspension_settings/suspension_setup/146_0402_suspension_setup_guide/index.html]
Cheers James Australia2
(10-08-2010, 09:09pm)1hotbusa Wrote:
(09-08-2010, 05:09pm)simmo Wrote: If you by the book to stiffen it up
Rear
Front
rebound 3
comp 9
That will make it wallow simmo Very Happy All the settings in the manual are too soft for most of us larger Australian people.
Ceejay, you have a PM mate.

Dam I gotta put some weigh on Biker