SW-Motech racks on K8: INSTALLED!
Thought I would share some pics of the new SW-Motech sides racks that arrived a few days ago. I got them to use with my older Givi E21 Monokey hard cases... pretty small/unobtrusive at 21 liters capacity each.

Clicky on these four thumbnails to see the full details.

Givi E21 bags appear larger then they really are here:

Better perspective to show the relatively small size of these hard bags:

View from the left......

Rear view... the mounting bracket below the license plate is supposed to hold small turning signals (provided in the kit) to account for the fact the Givi bags obstruct the stock turn signals from the sides. I have not installed these, and I just may not bother. If you are behind the bike (like a cage would be at an intersection, for example), you can obviously still see the stock turn signals... but not so much if you are at an angle to the rear of the bike:

I know hard bags on the Busa is not to everyone's taste, but these babies are sure gonna work for me!
They look good, I was looking at the sideracks on the SW-Motech website noticed they had two varients.

Did you get them from an Aussie supplier?

d
Warchild Wrote:Thought I would share some pics of the new SW-Motech sides racks that arrived a few days ago. I got them to use with my older Givi E21 Monokey hard cases... pretty small/unobtrusive at 21 liters capacity each.

Clicky on these four thumbnails to see the full details.

Givi E21 bags appear larger then they really are here:

Better perspective to show the relatively small size of these hard bags:

View from the left......

Rear view... the mounting bracket below the license plate is supposed to hold small turning signals (provided in the kit) to account for the fact the Givi bags obstruct the stock turn signals from the sides. I have not installed these, and I just may not bother. If you are behind the bike (like a cage would be at an intersection, for example), you can obviously still see the stock turn signals... but not so much if you are at an angle to the rear of the bike:

I know hard bags on the Busa is not to everyone's taste, but these babies are sure gonna work for me!
Warchild is an International member of our site from the USA.
I don't think he got his cases here in OZ.
(I have amended his profile)...
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Yes, I am in the States..... southeastern Washington state, located in the High Desert of the Pacific Northwest.

I got the racks from TwistedThrottle.com, which may not be an attractive place for my Aussie brethren to score motorcycle goodies, after international shipping and Customs is applied. Frown

Still... here's the link for EVERYTHING they offer for the 2008 Hayabusa K8:

K8 Goodies from TwistedThrottle.com