Bad luck magnet
My bike was hit while parked again today - was up in Bathurst with my wife - we stopped for lunch and parked 45 degree rear to the curb in between two cars. When we came back from lunch, a friendly store owner informed me that an old lady had tried to park in the same spot as my bike!!! She had reversed straight into - hit it reasonably hard too if the 10cm scratch in the tarmac left by the sidestand is any guide - and then drove off without getting out of her car. Fortunately a passer-by took down the rego and offered to act as a witness if necessary.

The front mudguard has a few minor scratches and is a bit bent out of shape - Can anyone suggest other potential damage I should check for? such as a damaged rim or bent forks. We rode back to Sydney with no apparent issues, but I want to make sure everything is ok.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Faaarrrkkk mate that truly blows, i hope that lil old lady gets what she deserves whats coming to her! Knuppel2 Lol2
I am always wary of angle parking spots and when I do park in them, I always leave the nose of the bike right up front level with the engine bays of the cars next to it in an attempt to be seen.
I hope your steering head bearings and fork seals are ok.
The front forks are a little flexible but not too much.
Very lucky it didn't go over.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
I am taking it in for the 1000k service tomorrow - will get them to check the front end out.

I think it is pretty hard to miss a bright orange bike if you bother to look. It seems actually turning your head to look is something many car drivers are not capable of.

Very lucky that someone witnessed the incident and took down the rego of the offender, who has tried to avoid their responsibilities by fleeing the scene. As there is no obvious fairing damage (unless you look closely), I would not have known.

Cheers
Driving off is such a low act - hope she gets caught!

BK
Egos; everyone got one
go over it with a fine tooth comb make your or her insurace company bring it back to new condition it was
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
The old lady is probably a pensioner and can not afford insurance , hence the reason she took off ....

I do the same as Bugso -- have my bike far forward so you can easily see it if between cars rather than have the back tire up against the gutter

Boc
Hayabusa , If your not on one , your behind one .....
Whenever possible I don't park near cars at all. Up on the kerb, in an out of bounds on the grass off the pathway. Anywhere I am away from any type of traffic, either vehicular or pedestrian. By and large people are total fuckwits and will do whatever it takes to screw up your day. The other interesting perspective on this is what would the blue retards do if you as a motorcyclist marked someone elses car and then left the scene. You'd be hunted down and prosecuted to within an inch of your life. It is just as likely that you and your wife could have been sitting on the cycle when she hit. You'd probably be accused of parking at speed!!! As a motorcyclist and driver I am truly sick and tired of the idiots on the road using any distraction as an excuse. "I was doing my makeup....The phone rang... I had to light my cigarette...". With all the politically correct crap that goes on now anybody with any sort of impediment or handicap is deemed OK to drive. The problem is that sooner or later someone suffers the consequences. The sooner the "speed bug" is removed from the arse of the morons with blue lights and the idiot legislators the sooner we can start a community debate about true contextual policing. Real coppers with some semblance of intelligence removing BAD DRIVERS from the road. Including little old whatevers that can't use mirrors and don't take a good look at their environment and surroundings!!!
Sorry about the rant guys, but I'm really over these stories about cyclists coming off second best because of people that really shouldn't be on the road. Sorry about the Hijacked Hope the bike's OK Stuka.
Think I'd better put the soapbox away for a while.
It's a week by week charade.