New bike
Went to visit Col on the weekend and let him twiddle with the bike. I now have a BRAND NEW BIKE! I am STOKED. The bike is so much fun it was even ok riding to Canb along the Hume in the pouring rain at night in minus zero conditions (only just ok though).

Thanks Col, you are the best.

HEIDI xxx
Glad to hear the twiddling worked for you Heidi,

As I too have had a dyno tune of late and noticed very pleasing improvements in rideability and willingness to move along - it is probably a worthwhile investment for most Busa owners who have a few k's on the clock and are coming up to a service or tune-up interval. Mine did have the airbox mod done which probably helped.

I had a new back tyre fitted before mounting the bike on the dyno and whilst it did get warm - there was no sign of tyre wear - even all the rubber 'nipples' remained in tact. All this in preparation for a run to the Superbikes and...well ... er .. my son didn't want to go on the BM ... and I explained to him that hi performance bikes like the Busa are not designed to get moisture in their air boxes, you know .. um.. slows them down and stuff ...

Bob (with thanks to Pete for the Dyno job)

I also had the back torque limiter mod done. This completely fixed the hestiation I was experiencing with rapid gear changes, it also means I can now lane split like a fool.

HEIDI xxx
G'day Heidi,

Good to see you had a safe trip home. Good to see you are happy with the mods.

Next time, we'll do the GPS and the air box mod, should make it even more fun.

Regards Col
Does the back torque limiter mod mean you can pop eazy wheelies now Heidi?

Hey Col you should come up with a Busa mod pack with a price.

Like:

Air Cleaner mod
back torque limiter mod
engine tweak etc ...

If you do, could you email price and how long you need the bike for to fox@thebasement.com.au or post it here if you wish ...

G'day Fox and all,

For the Sydney Guys and Gals, sure a deal can be come up with, Better still, how about you guys get togeather and a number can be done, this way the cost can be reduced, makes sence to me!

If you are interested mail me(tentenths@ozemail.com.au)

Regards Col
After seeing Col's operation at Ten Tenths at the dyno day Im sure anyone would be very happy with any mods done at his workshop.
Question though to Heidi (or Col): do you find there is any downside to the torque limiter mod?
Im assuming the limiter was put in by Suzuki to handle the big power to the back wheel, especially if the rider was sloppy with gear changes, and that losing the limiter makes for cleaner changes if you do it right. bye, fenda
Actually, that question could be extended to other things. What are the down sides of the airbox mod? If it is so good, why do they have the flapper in there, and why doesn't the box come opened up to the max?
I'll try and round up the posse Col :)
G'day one and all,

Richard, As for the flapper valve, I suppose what Suzuki was trying to do was a simple form of the current dual throttle valve used on the 600/750/1000.
What it is supposed to do is increase the air speed at low throttle positions, and by doing this in effect creates a better responce from the motor.

However in the case of the Busa, the motor can deal with large amounts of air easily, due mainly to the efficency of the the whole package of cam timing, compression and head flow.

So in essence the more you let it breathe (to an extent) the better the result will be.

As with other mods, like the BTL, Suzuki really stuffed up. You see it only on two models, the TL1000R and the Busa. If it was so good would you not see it on the 1000 as well? To date there have only been glowing reports when the BTL mod has been done and that's even if it's a TLR or a Busa.

Regards Col
Hi Col,

Great input, keep up the flow please? Like the busa with air, we can also cope with any amount.

Cheers
Les

Lo
i havnt heard of this airbox mod before
can u tll wat it does and can it be done yourself
Thanks