Back Protectors
Need advice on back protectors. Whose are the best etc. Any experiences?

stunuts
Some bend backwards, some swivel at the hip, some are smaller and some larger.

I think it's best to just try them on and go for comfort, as they all seem pretty darn safe enough...

I tried several at the shop. Picked the comfortable one... not sure what brand it is though...
Some bend over backwards pan ??? I thought the point with back protectors is they didn't do that ? The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob
U.F.O not a bad price and the fit is good.

Regards Richard..........
Plenty out there.
Everyone should use em.. Cheers,
Pete

djpete@tpg.com.au

Z Web World
Mobile Dj, Web Design,
Photography, Bullshit Artist!
UFO!
That's the one I have. It has a good spleen protector too.

Yeh Astro, they DO bend backwards (some of them), but I was told they only do so because the ones that don't (apparently) are not as safe... Edited by: pan  at: 12/5/06 7:43 pm
Just about all of the shops up here had them in stock,

and they have a 3/4 or full size one's. I had a look at a

few of the high end one's but just grabed what they had

on the shelf............

Regards Richard......
I used to use a Dainese back protector .... worth its weight in gold ... and was comfortable after a few rides. I don't think any back protector will be initially comfortable when you try it on in the shop - as you may not have a pefect shape back.... maybe a bad posture... maybe just not a good sitting jacket insert..... SO, I think choose a brand with reputable technology advancements & something that feels tough when you give it a whack - not a dull thud that wouldn't absorb anything!!!!

Well, mine saved my life anyway according to the paramedic... and I agree, so not what always feels immediate comfort, as they wear into your body shape, and develop their own natural curve. My chiropactor taught me heaps about it, and the protector might actually stop you slouching on the motorbike too....