Michelin pilot power, YES or NO ?
Old Ugly-Bus is due for some more rubber.

About to get a pair of Michelin pilot power's fitted.

I do tend to clown about a bit and like to chase
some of the sports bikes when I can.
Standard tyres on my 04 lasted about 4,500k's including running the bike in and a few trips out with the Mrs on her SV650.

Not too worried about milage as I dont get out often enough anyway.

So.....
Should it be the "power's"
or is something better suited to me ?

Tony.J. <i></i>
im running pilot powers and like them but dont push them much. id say a pretty sticky tire and good grip. have 7k on them plenty meat left. the only thing about these rubbers are that theyre 'pointy' so quicker wear down centre perhaps. otherwise i like them. <i></i>
I was told I would notice the difference at the first corner !
The profile makes the bike turn in / fall in to corners a lot better ?
Just what I was told.

Tony.J. <i></i>
that makes sense with pointy tyres. <i></i>
Haha told you tony ... well I love 'em, you may hate them but I don't think so.

BTW 15000 so far on those pilot roads. Still a reasonable bit of meat left on the and a fair flat spot but going ok. Starting to notice the grip going more and more but hey, who cares with that many k's out of a set.
Shane
Jimboomba QLD
<i></i>
15000 out of a tyre on a Busa f
That's gotta be some kind of record Cheers,
Bazoo.<i></i>
Yeah SANTA will be amazed at the handling / performance difference once the new rubber gets rolling.

I had a Pilot Road front mixed with a Bridgy 020 rear on my Triumph sprint and it was a supurb combo.

Rgds BUSGO
<i></i>
Had the Pilots on, excellent handling .... BUT still NOT AS GOOD as original Bridgestone BT-56's!! <i></i>
Yeah I know bugso. I remember the shock I got when I first put them on and hit a roadabout just down the road. Can't complain tho with this many k's up on them

They still ride alright but if you push them you can start to feel it go pear shaped. Definatly doesn't turn in anywhere near what they where new.

LOL @ Aerocat. I was getting 6k max out of those (read: service and new tires every 6 weeks... ouch) but personaly I recon the "roads" are better all round. I would love "powers" but I need the k's.

Hahaha poor tony, all you can do is try them mate and see if they suck to you. Shane
Jimboomba QLD
<i></i>
They're On.
Feel OK,
Feels a bit more nimble
(but that could be 'cos the one's on were past their best)
Will try and scrub them in the weekend and see what I think.
Thanks for the replies folks.

Tony.J. <i></i>
Hey Tony

What did you do with the old Bridgies, 4500 klms is not a lot for a front. Does it have any life left in her, if you kept it I might be interested in buying it for the ride to Jindy!

Shayne

<i>Edited by: aBUSa at: 7/11/05 11:42 pm
</i>
4500ks out of a front you should be riding in the GP
Or was it that they were just that hard from not riding much.
( 4500 in a year )
Shame Shame Shame.
BREAKy Creek this week tony.
cya shane <i></i>
Yeah, front had quite a bit left on it,
Should have hung on to it (left it in the shop)
Like to fit matching pairs and was told the Powers
would feel different.
Sorry.

and Yeah Shane,
Your right. 4500 p/a is pretty piss poor milage!
Just the way I am.
Rode almost everyday for 25 years in UK,
Now bikes are just Sunday toys.

The 4500k's was more from clowing about like an arse, than being a GP riding hero.

Tony.J.

<i></i>
No worries Tony,
Ended up grabbing a pair Shinko's to try something different and I think they are better for the riding that I am doing at the moment, mainly at the strip

Thanks

Shayne <i></i>