Reliability & Easy running
Hey all, I'm looking at getting a busa when I get open license. As I'm not a DIY everything guy, just want to know overall how is the reliability? How easy are they to look after? I will be using it for everyday commuting so don't want too much trouble. Thanks!
Do all the basic stuff Fernando, and you'll have a bike that is good for just about any type of application you need it for!!
Some owners are getting over 200,000ks out of there busa with not to much trouble
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Can you put oil on the chain?
Piss easy Fernando. You can do all the basics yourself, the full workshop manual and wiring diagram is a free PDF download and the Hayabusa community is full of experienced members who are more than willing to help each other out. It wont take you long before you are comfortable doing most of your basic service work etc.. by yourself and just yell out if you need a little help. You'll only need basic tools for most work + parts are/ and always will, be easy to get.

As for reliability, the busa is one of the strongest most reliable bikes ever built. Like Rod mentioned some members are still going strong at 200,000+k's. Busa engines are world renowned, used and abused in all forms of motorsports....they are that good!!!!

I ride mine aprox 800km per week... rain, hail or shine + thrashing it on the track. I'm not exactly nice to it, and now after 33,000k's I reckon my Busa's only just loosened up and been run in. It's been problem free up until last week... I need to change my fuel pump which is no big deal.

You've got no concerns with a Busa mate. Worry more about being able to keep licence!

Mine gets a pretty hard life,
it get used and abused and im a bit slack on servicing.
I chop bits off and stick bits on, then thrash it some more.

Dragged mine out today, jump started it (very old battery)
put some air in the tyres, (slow leaks, big holes plugged)
Bloody thing still go's hard !

There a reason I love my big Suzuki's.
They're big boys Meccano kits, and I'd break anything else.

Wouldnt have another brand in the shed
get one and just fuel it and regular oil changes and they are car engines in a bike they are very versatile what ever you want them to do they will do it.