Darwin to Adelaide
Planning a run up to Cairns accross to Darwin, down to Adailaide and back to Biloela via Broken Hill after Easter. Will i need to carry spare fuel?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Heidi, Bruce and Simmo will know for sure on a 'busa.
But I needed to carry 5 litres from Alice south. From memory I think it was too far between Cooper Pedy and Glendambo for my old CBX1000.
Probably worth carrying a 5 litre drum anyway.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Adelaide - Darwin, no need. Fuel every 150-200km, not sure about the rest. Cheers Biker
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
(08-02-2012, 07:50pm)Ward P Wrote: Heidi, Bruce and Simmo will know for sure on a 'busa.
But I needed to carry 5 litres from Alice south. From memory I think it was too far between Cooper Pedy and Glendambo for my old CBX1000.
Probably worth carrying a 5 litre drum anyway.

Ok, just checked 254km between. That old girl got thirsty when you got up it. The 'busa will do that easy.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Take fuel, chuck the jerry can when you get to Adelaide.
(08-02-2012, 08:54pm)Heidi1 Wrote: Take fuel, chuck the jerry can when you get to Adelaide.

And some water just in case Pi_thumbsup. Busas are very reliable but....
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Darwin is a shit whole,I would pick the the correct time of year others wise you will have a head wind all the way,different routes to be had Pi_thumbsup
"If you're going through hell, keep going"
Welcome to the family Trev!!
You from biloela??
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
Darwin will be nice and hot/ humid around easter, best time to come would be when the V8's are on up here, around mid June.
Huge weekend and if you can hang out up here until the 1st of July (Territory Day), bring your money and buy some fireworks...another huge night/ hangover..

Hope you like drinking and partying??

@Dave, you dont like Darwin?? lol..
Yep I am from Bilo, I was in Townsville May 2010 when I drewled over a Busa, The master of ceromonies ( chief cook) & I have been to the Atherton (up the Gilles twice) & Canberra since on the Busa. We both have 4 weeks leave after easter , and have yet to visit Darwin & Adailade. We may only get as far as Alice in that time pending on how many touristy side tracks interfer with the trip :-}}
Pull 7kms off the highway and stop at the Devils Marbles. Worth the sidetrip.