GSXR1000 rear shock fitment?
Anyone know if a GSXR1000 rear shock fits into gen 1 busa? If so, what effect does it have? Are there any year gixxer shocks that fit better than other years?

I was thinking that a late model gixxer shock may have better damping control than standard old shock (60,000k's). Spring stiffness shouldn't be an issue as I only weigh about 70kg.

I don't mind if the shock is slightly longer than standard, as I don't mind increased ride height (already added 25mm height with dog bones and 190/55 tyre)
There's not that much room for a larger shock under there! Swingarm will only drop so much.

Best to let us know what year model Gixxer shock you're looking at, measure the height (holes) and may be quicker to check it out for yourself. Doubt anyone here has done it to the rear, unless the drag racers do it...
busa spring is ~13kg/mm gix is 8 , the swingarm leverage ratios are different and the shock is valved to suit the spring and the way the swingarm interacts via the pivots and rocker,
not a swap if you want your bike to handle .. better looking for a later busa shock ..
FYI, i have Ohlins in the rear of my GENII, and to be honest i havnt had a good look at the Stock Shock; but surley (if possible) re-valving, re-springing etc your Stock Shock would be a better alternative than using a 1000 Shock?
Maj is onto it when it comes to the Geometrics of the rear, unfortunatley not all of us can afford Ohlins, so maybe the "re-valving" path is a better option?

Just a thought.
I was going to say what Maj said, about leverage pivots and thingies... but couldn't find the right letters on my keyboard at the time...
Cheers, thanks for the feedback. That's what I wanted to know. It's not a simple bolt in operation.

So does a Gen II busa shock bolt into a Gen I as a simple upgrade? From Maj's comment it sounds like that may be possible.