Photoblocker
A stripe of chain lube up the middle of the plate.....oops, put too much on the chain!
(01-04-2011, 05:58pm)Greeny_SA Wrote:
(01-04-2011, 05:46pm)Xhiler8r Wrote: try this http://www.flashalert.com/eclipse.htm

I wonder how big the fine is for having one of these suckers ?

I think it illegal to have anything over the number plate including translucent covers. Mate of mine got pinged in a car for having a plate protector that came out of the dealer. The cop told him that it "interferes with the camera". I would go to court over this but he just paid the $320.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
it is actually a cheaper fine to not have a number plate attached to a bike than to have something obscuring it, cause you can always say it must have fallen off it was there when i left home this morning
Cheers [Image: th_arg-x-50-transa.gif]
(01-04-2011, 11:13pm)Xhiler8r Wrote: it is actually a cheaper fine to not have a number plate attached to a bike than to have something obscuring it, cause you can always say it must have fallen off it was there when i left home this morning
The fine is one thing, however, how many demerit points ?
Would it be actually classed as a "Traffic Offence" ?
When switched to the "Off" position as per the link, would be good for it to change to a "subliminal message" for your state's motoring authority stating something like "BOB CARR TAKES IT UP THE ARS*" or "PDS FOR CTP ?" or "JAIL FOR GILLARD'S CONVICTED DRUNK DRIVER BOYFRIEND" Wtf
They are not subliminal....
I pity the fool who goes out tryin' a' take over da world, then runs home cryin' to his momma!
(01-04-2011, 11:13pm)Xhiler8r Wrote: it is actually a cheaper fine to not have a number plate attached to a bike than to have something obscuring it, cause you can always say it must have fallen off it was there when i left home this morning

When my plate got stolen (it might have fallen off) I rode around for about 2 months with my reg number spelt out in white tape on the curved part of the tail - I bet the camera wouldn't get all of that.

Even found a motorcycle cop riding in my blind spot during traffic build up on the M4 and expected to be pulled over, only for him to speed off after I saw him parked behind me when the traffic stopped. I did have a replacement plate on order so maybe he checked over the radio. I got pulled up in Liverpool over a year later when the cops thought the bike (rather than the plate) was stolen - took ages to explain that as they were really confused.
Carpe Diem!