Engine rebuild
Here's a pick of the pistons:

[Image: pict0090on.jpg]
Bell 
Not trying to throw a spanner in the works or nothing, but what brand/type & viscosity oil you using ?
look at the seat on that gummy valve look like f##k all compered to the ex valve no wer near as good gruntmax maby not a cat convert oil
Apologies,
Edited for legal reasons.
Cheers
try reving it could that be from labouring 6 gear in a 60 zone get up the bike like 200 in 2 gear
and keep it up of the clook in 4
I was running silkolene comp4 10w40 oil. I used to run it on my ZX12R and never had an issue.
Money is a major issue, so trying to get out of this without spending excessive amounts. I'd love to get the head ported, chuck in bigger pistons, etc but it would take me a couple years to save up for that and would mean being without a bike for that duration which is not an option.
Apologies,
Edited for legal reasons.
CheersWm
I use the same oil in my B King , the label on the front of the container reads" Synthetic ester based 4 stroke engine oil for all high performance motorcycles". I ran cheaper mineral oil for the first 6000k. It has 20500k on it now.
Try giving Rob a call , normally only does bike shop stuff but use my name and you should be good 0438 013 396, based in Shepparton
(19-01-2011, 07:56pm)Maj Wrote: Try giving Rob a call , normally only does bike shop stuff but use my name and you should be good 0438 013 396, based in Shepparton

Thanks mate, I'll give him a try tomorrow.
Managed to give Rob a call today and he works out to be much cheaper than all my other options Very Happy Thanks Maj.
No probs, let me know when he has it and i'll look it over and see if there is anything visible that may have caused the oil probs
(22-01-2011, 06:26am)Maj Wrote: No probs, let me know when he has it and i'll look it over and see if there is anything visible that may have caused the oil probs

Thanks mate, much appreciated. Might have to wait a few weeks now as the steering rack just went on my daily, wiping out the money I had put aside to get the head done. Will let you know when I'm taking it in.