Hit Air or other Air Bag jackets
I'm in the market for some new riding gear and I've been having a look at the Hit Air Jackets.
I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with these or any other type of Air Bag Riding Jackets.
Other jackets I'm considering incorporate D3O. If anyone hasn't heard of D30 (thats D 3 letter o, not D thirty), Google and/or Youtube it. This shit will blow your mind.
Any advice from anyone with experience with either would be appreciated.

Bump
Dunno if I've heard of D3O but I have heard of R2D2 & C3PO Showback Lol2 Lol3 Lol2

Stay Upright Coolsmiley

Bazz.
[Image: hayabusa-5.jpg] [Image: HayabusaLogo-Grey.gif]
(15-10-2010, 02:41pm)BUSABAZZ Wrote: Dunno if I've heard of D3O but I have heard of R2D2 & C3PO Showback Lol2 Lol3 Lol2

Stay Upright Coolsmiley

Bazz.

I think I've heard of those two. Weren't they from a Star Trek episode about 80 years ago?

Pi_tongue
If they're over-priced, get something else. There are a lot of good jackets out there at fair prices with no frills gimmicks.
Carpe Diem!
(15-10-2010, 06:10pm)Throwdown! Wrote: If they're over-priced, get something else. There are a lot of good jackets out there at fair prices with no frills gimmicks.

If you buy from the Australian distributor, I'd have to say over priced. However, They are sold significantly cheaper in USA, and considering the Ausy $ is so strong at the moment, they'd be a bargain. Almost half of what the Australian distributor is selling them for.
That's why I'm asking for advice on here. I've been out of the bike scene for about 7 years and the Busa is my return. (If you're gunna make a comeback, do it in style).

These Airbag jackets weren't around when I last rode and I'm trying to find out if they are a gimmick or not.
Looks good,I think you would have to hide the release clip well when you're at the pubLol2Lol2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7jAvRKi8T0&feature=player_embedded
"If you're going through hell, keep going"
(15-10-2010, 07:31pm)DAVE01 Wrote: Looks good,I think you would have to hide the release clip well when you're at the pubLol2Lol2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7jAvRKi8T0&feature=player_embedded

Yeah, nah. I have the luxury of not giving a flying f#ck what anybody else thinks. I won't need to hide anything while I'm at the pub.
no mate i meant more about a practical jokerLol3
I think the are a great idea and look ok Pi_thumbsup
Cheers Dave
Just buy leather. There is a reason why GP riders are still wearing it.
(15-10-2010, 10:00pm)DAVE01 Wrote: no mate i meant more about a practical jokerLol3
I think the are a great idea and look ok Pi_thumbsup
Cheers Dave

Now I get your meaning Dave, would be a C#*T if someone pulled the clip as the cool ale was flowing down the throat. Wouldn't ya look like a wally all puffed up like the Michelin Man in a crowded bar full of good sorts. LMFAO

Anyways, wasn't getting a lot of response so decided to bite the bullet and buy one via ebay. Australian Distributor = AUD $1150 plus $55 delivery
From Japan via Ebay = AUD $530 plus $72 delivery. No brainer

I'll put in a report on what I think of the jacket, though I hope to never have to put in a report on how well it activates and protects.Scary
(15-10-2010, 10:24pm)bioDog Wrote: Just buy leather. There is a reason why GP riders are still wearing it.

GP riders have to contend with great track conditions, grass and pebble run offs. We have to deal with everything from idiot cage drivers, power poles, post boxes, gutters, etc, etc. Need I continue?

Leather has great abrasion resistance, but what about impact resistance?
Dani Pedrosa wished he was wearing his air suit when he came off in practice.
Gp riders do have something similar
http://2wheeltuesday.com/2009/07/motogp-...mpetition/

http://elitechoice.org/2010/05/02/alpine...ty-airbag/
I actually do think it's a great idea considering previously mentioned and other obvious hazards with riding on public roads.... But a couple of questions spring to mind..... Are they a "use once only" item, like a helmet, once crashed must be destroyed/replaced?.... Or can the air cushion be replaced?... And would it need to be taken to a professional to have it regassed if used? Undecided

Anyway looking forward to a review.... Believe me if I could afford something like this I'd definately give it a shot! Very Happy

Stay Upright Coolsmiley

Bazz.
[Image: hayabusa-5.jpg] [Image: HayabusaLogo-Grey.gif]
apparently they say 15mins to repack and $20 for a new gas cartridge as long as the airbag/jacket isn't damaged in the fall.
(16-10-2010, 09:41pm)BUSABAZZ Wrote: I actually do think it's a great idea considering previously mentioned and other obvious hazards with riding on public roads.... But a couple of questions spring to mind..... Are they a "use once only" item, like a helmet, once crashed must be destroyed/replaced?.... Or can the air cushion be replaced?... And would it need to be taken to a professional to have it regassed if used? Undecided

Anyway looking forward to a review.... Believe me if I could afford something like this I'd definately give it a shot! Very Happy

Stay Upright Coolsmiley

Bazz.

As Dave says in the previous post, as long as the air bags aren't damaged, all it takes is 15 min and a new CO2 cartridge to have it back in working order.
You say "Believe me if I could afford something like this I'd definately give it a shot!"
It's no different to when you're choosing a helmet, how much is your head worth?
For me it's a no brainer. This thing can potentially save your neck, spine, ribs and vital organs in a major impact.
Even if I take out all other considerations other than the financial ones, it could save me a fortune in medical expenses if I ever do come off at the wrong time.
Even if I miss 1 day less of work after a fall, it has payed for itself.

$600 to potentially save yourself from a life in a wheelchair (or worse). NO BRAINER!
Just in case anyone else is keen to take advantage of the strong Ozy $ at the moment. Here's the link to the one I just ordered.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HITAIR-AI...erchandise&hash=item19bcf8182a