Do you wave?
(06-07-2010, 07:05pm)Rainbow7 Wrote:
(06-07-2010, 06:59pm)Timmy_0_T00l Wrote: the precious R1 pilots never seem to wave back tho
Ain't that the truth!

I recently heard that the average R1 lasts 3 weeks, before being written off. Maybe that's why they don't wave back: they need all their concentration to not die.

i currently have an 08 r1 in my garage(its a mates bike) and an 08 gixxer 600,ride them both when letting the busa rest....i know why they get written off its coz they are hard to ridePi_thumbsdown when turning you need to keep fighting the bars as it just wants to turn in and lock the bars in the direction you are trying to steer....get more arm pump riding that than goin flat out on my crf in a set of whoopsLol2
Also have a road king and yes i wave to everyone .
I'll nod at 1 in every 100, maybe!

Got better things to do if I'm moving on 2 wheels... like looking out for over zealous cops and car drivers who aren't paying attention.
Carpe Diem!
(04-07-2010, 05:29pm)Milesy Wrote: Today out on the bike I would've waved to atleast 80 bikes travelling the other way. Unfortunatley, only about half a dozen responded .Is it just me, or is it a dying fad.

Do you wave/nod ?

I am from Adelaide and i would get about a 75% response back.
That is as long as it doesn't have two cylinders and no mufflers
I wave or nod every time I see a bike unless:

1. It's a scooter/moped (they just don't get it).
  2. I'm concentrating on the spurs.

Everyone else gets a salute or a nod.

I have noticed less people do it, mostly in the city. Out on the spurs everyone nods back. I'm a little guy with a young face so I assume most people believe I don't know how to handle my bike, but it's alright, I show em' love all the same.
BMW rider refuse to wave to anyone not riding a Beemer, so f*** them too. Hardleys and Reemers, they are that far up themselves they have to brush their teeth by inserting said toothbrush into their rectums!
I still nod to everyone but am sick and tired of the two abovesaid groups. They're probably all discovering corners at 134kph and scared shitless of their PBs.
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
(11-07-2010, 01:23am)Madmax Wrote: BMW rider refuse to wave to anyone not riding a Beemer, so f*** them too. Hardleys and Reemers, they are that far up themselves they have to brush their teeth by inserting said toothbrush into their rectums!
I still nod to everyone but am sick and tired of the two abovesaid groups. They're probably all discovering corners at 134kph and scared shitless of their PBs.

We ride a Beemer now too, but I know that Graham constantly waves or nods to other riders.....maybe we are the exception to the rule Coolsmiley
Kathy
Rear half of 2000 Red/Grey Busa Smitten
Rear half of 2010 Red BMW K1300 GT Smitten
I Nod at all jap bike riders - I shake my head at Squids - i wait for harley riders to nob first then nod back. scooters ---- lmao um - i had one trying to race me once in sydney - would always make his way to the front of the line with me - then on orange light he would rev up then nail it - i let him do this for 2 light changes - the third he didnt see me again as i rode of into the sunset

Boc
Hayabusa , If your not on one , your behind one .....