Vortex aluminium sprocket
I just joined The club,after buying a 2008 LE Busa.
I noticed,that my bike has got an aluminium sprocket at the back.

My question is,how durable are they,and should I change it soon?
It looks like new and my bike has done 8400km.
I don't know,when the previous owner fitted it?Confused
Any feedback is welcome.
Cheers.
2008 LE,4-1 Acrapovic,Flashed,Quickshifter,Swingarm Extension,Chromed Grips,Powerbronze Screen,etc...

YEEEEEE, HAYABUSA...WAY OF LIFE!
An aluminium sprocket won't last as long as a steel one but you should still get plenty of mileage out of it. I looked at the Vortex stuff when I wanted to do a sprocket conversion but I decided that I would just order the JT steel sprockets, for reasons of longevity. Plus, if you ride like an idiot, your aluminium sprocket will end up looking like this:

[Image: Shervansprocket.jpg]
"casting dispersions on others credability." And their illiteracy.
Keeping the correct chain tension will also help with longevity. (not to mention properly lubed)

P.S. - I've never heard of an aluminium sprocket.(surely they are an alloy) - but then, I've never looked. I had a plastic/fibreglass type once on a small bike once. (GT185) It was fine 'till I tightenned the chain up too much one day and ground the teeth off just like the photo above.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
(24-05-2010, 08:19pm)Ward P Wrote: Keeping the correct chain tension will also help with longevity. (not to mention properly lubed)

P.S. - I've never heard of an aluminium sprocket.(surely they are an alloy) - but then, I've never looked. I had a plastic/fibreglass type once on a small bike once. (GT185) It was fine 'till I tightenned the chain up too much one day and ground the teeth off just like the photo above.
Yeah, I think he meant alloy. (So did I.)
"casting dispersions on others credability." And their illiteracy.
I rode my gen 2 around Australia with a Vortex alloy sprocket and have had no problems. Now its 1441 and has another Vortex. They are fine and last well.
(26-05-2010, 11:18pm)BLACKZOOK Wrote: I rode my gen 2 around Australia with a Vortex alloy sprocket and have had no problems. Now its 1441 and has another Vortex. They are fine and last well.

Thanks mate.
I am only riding my busa during the weekends and occasionally drag strip,so I reckon it will be all right.
And given of your experience,I feel very good about keeping my vortex at the backVery Happy
2008 LE,4-1 Acrapovic,Flashed,Quickshifter,Swingarm Extension,Chromed Grips,Powerbronze Screen,etc...

YEEEEEE, HAYABUSA...WAY OF LIFE!