best movies...
smokey and the bandit and the trinity brothers
Life of Brian

No contest really
(23-11-2009, 07:27pm)Crane Wrote: Two cult car movies.

Two Lane Blacktop and the aussie one that I cant remember the name of. Its got the good guys XY phase three that gets written off and the blind guy at the petrol station lends him his blown 57 chev and he races the bad guy who's in some half decent yank tank and beats him (yeah, really) and then the bad guy can't cope and suicides into the concrete barrier after the big, anguished camera to camera scene. Oh damn, what's its name?

Running on Empty, we could start a thread on great bad films, you know so bad that they are good. Remember that great aussie movie Stone?
Stone was good
All John Wayne, Charlie Bronson or Clint Esatwood movies Pi_thumbsup
(24-11-2009, 07:11pm)Jaffabusa Wrote:

Two Lane Blacktop and the aussie one that I cant remember the name of. Its got the good guys XY phase three that gets written off and the blind guy at the petrol station lends him his blown 57 chev and he races the bad guy who's in some half decent yank tank and beats him (yeah, really) and then the bad guy can't cope and suicides into the concrete barrier after the big, anguished camera to camera scene. Oh damn, what's its name?

Running on Empty, we could start a thread on great bad films, you know so bad that they are good. Remember that great aussie movie Stone?

Lol. Thank you! Running on Empty! I can stop trying to remember now. Yes I do remember Stone. It was greaat! Lol3 Pi_tongue
THE PIRATE MOVIE!
Monty Python is always tops!!!

But nobody has mentioned

SUPER TROOPERS!!!! littering and.... littering and....... littering and ... smokin the reefer....
(24-11-2009, 08:59pm)Heidi1 Wrote: THE PIRATE MOVIE!

arrrrrr everybody loves a good pirate movie. I did chuckle at it so.
Go hard, or Go home!

Crane - "Running on Empty" sound right to you?

And I might say Steele Magnolias, Fried Green Tomatoes, Beaches, Witches of Eastwick, Sleepless in Seattle, Thelma and Louise..................

But no way would I do that.

All good movies stick to the three basic rules. Nudity, sex scene, and car chases. Get that right and the rest falls into place Roll

Seriously, The Green Mile, and Shawshank Redemption are hard to beat.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Not me..... Aristotle
Did I mention "The Italian Job"

he he he Mini's rule...
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Really could not get into Two Lane Blacktop.

LOVE Running on Empty "green, green is nice" Lol3
Midnite Spares (another early 80's aussie cult car movie)
Stone
Lock Stock & 2 smoking barrells
Bluse Brothers
Vanishing Point
Gone in 60 seconds (the original)
Smokey & the bandit
Duel

There are heaps I enjoy.
still thinking...
GenII Hunter Knuppel2
yeah theres plenty of good ones in there but i reckon blackzooks got it right with life of brian.
one of my favourite movie scenes is in the remade dukes of hazzard where they have the charger crossed up on the roundabout doing laps. just perfect throttle control- i could watch that one bit all day long.
actually now i think of it if i had to watch one thing over and over again it would be ari vatanen at pikes peak in that off its head peugeot. that clip is insane. but now i've sort of gotten off the point a bit haven't i......
Ludicrous speed- go!