The lead up to your Big bike ........
I could rattle off heaps of dirt bikes, but I think they're all irrelevant when it comes to road riding (YZ490, IT250, CR500, TT600), but as far as road bikes go.....XT250, VFR750, 2003 GSX1300R Hayabusa.
I've only owned 3 bikes: GPX 250, ZZR 1100 and my Busa. I looked after & had the use of a mates RGV 250 for a few months when I owned the GPX.

13 years riding now and have only had 2 accidents, the first was a static drop on my ZZR. Whilst sitting on the bike I leant over to try and pick my glove up off the ground - mental note to self: next time get your lazy arse off the bike!
The 2nd was on my Busa when a young lass "didn't see me" at a stop sign leaving a shopping centre car park and gave me a little smack in the bum.

I've always tried to be a smooth rider, to think about what to do next if XYZ was to happen etc. The old saying "ride with your head and not your right hand" is a good starting point IMO.
Photobucket

Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Good thread.
There have been some classic bikes in the "years gone by"

my list seems pretty tame compared to some.

DT175 - twin shock, steel blue tank, I was 15 years old - It was old then in 1979 -and a "big bike" (shared with little brother)
RM250B
GT185 - 1st road bike at 17 - rode it to school on my L's
CBX1000B - at 18 when I got my P's - f*** the 250 law, I just ignored it.
Turboed to CBX1000.
Z1R1000 - coffin tank.
GS850G - had a spell for a couple of years.
Yet another CBX1000B - bought it Alice Springs and rode back to Sydney
CBR1000 - black and red 1987 model
GSX1300R - and a copper go faster one at That!!

looking at another CBX1000B - some people never learn.

(During this time little brother had XR250, XL500B XL500RC, XL600, RGV250 - which we often swapped depending on mood of the day)

Had heaps of offs early on, last time I laid a bike down was 24 years ago. (I was 21) - "it hurt"(hospital traction hurt!) so decided not to do it again.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Quote:"it hurt"(hospital traction hurt!) so decided not to do it again

And people say those who ride bikes are dumb. That is one of the most sensible things I have ever heard. Pi_thumbsup
Chopper says - "Harden the f*** up Australia"
lol had a 250cc bandit for 1 year with no previous riding experience , had it delivered to my house and went up and down the driveway a few times and then headed out .

Then went directly to my busa lol thought why bugger around with bikes in between , i knew what i wanted and just took it easy till i was comfortable.
I have been riding for the last several years, I think coming upto eight years. Got my Lic on a Honda 250RR.
I always knew if i was to ride it would be sport, not cruise. The RR is one of the hardest to get your lic on, but I passed 1st go. Went onto my Black P's and upgraded to a Suzuki GSX-R 750, 97 mod, last of the carby version. Great bike and was really happy with it for about 5 years till I bought the Busa GenII brand spanka.

Hell, Where do I go from here..............
" Live the Vision "
Quote "When was the last time You did something for the First Time"