Front Brakes overhaul report
Bike being now 7 years from manufacture it was definately hi time to overhaul the brake system.

First got parts: Early models seem to have kits dont know about later models. Kit contains 6 rings, 6 dust seals and 2 o rings per caliper @ $55ea. So 2 kits needed for front. Master cylinder kit, spring with boot, piston, circlip and rubber boot @ $35. New rubber diaphragm I think its called for M/C cover @ $8. Black gloss caliper paint $15. (in the end I think black gloss looks better then gold with black fork boots)

New Hel braided lines all s/s fittings with black non fade banjos @ 29 pounds sterling a line delivered. Got all 4.

Remove and dismantle calipers. Needed air pressure to pop out cylinders (care needed, they can fly like bullets). Remove rings and dust rings. Thorough clean of all caliper halves. Spray paint all calipers exteriors. Lube insides with brake fluid. Install all rings and seals. Install all pistons after being thoroughly cleaned. Place o rings and re-assemble 2 halves. Watch for seeping brake fluid on new calipers paintwork.

Master Cylinder: Remove, clean and replace piston with new kit. (Circlip pliers needed, straight not angled worked best). Prime or bench bleed M/C. Re-install on handlebar and fit new lines and calipers.

Bleeding: whata frikin bastard to do. Used MityVac as well as manual bleeding no matter how long and much I do to no avail. Used all tips including cracking banjos etc. Gave up after 2 days took to bikes and bits (local) They had problems bleeding too even with their pressure hoses. Eventually succeeded, problem found most likely to be the 2 banjo fitting up top to M/C and the angle it sits. Brakes firm but on no.1 setting which means brake system still bit of a cheesecake for the bike.

Used previous pads with enough meat on. But have new OEM front disks coming from USA when that goes on so will new pads.

Next to do will be rear brakes, same as above I guess tho may not touch master cylinder, not sure if needs it.
Overhaul clutch M/C with new line, check piston and rubber boot down below.
Have new stealth 43t sprocket waiting for new chain and probably will replace hub rubbers.

Any recommendations for new 17t front sprocket? seeing will have long lasting rear.

End report hope its of some use to some.

<i></i>
Good report Volvi , yes the 2 banjo fittings at the Master Cyl are an issue -- just crack the bolt with a rag under it to capture the fluid. Once I took the master cyl off with the banjo's in the most vertical position in order to remove all the air!!!!! <i></i>
you hit the nail on the head remove M/C with banjos to angle it vertically, i didnt try that just cracked open the basta a number of time to no avail. <i></i>