Lowering Pegs for Gen 1 Wanted.
Does anyone know where I can get a set of lowering brackets for the pillion pegs on my '99? I found a website in the USA that sells them with varying lengths, (I think I'm keen on 50mm drop) for $170US. I'd sooner buy them local if anyone knows of anywhere.

I should add that yes I know some of you may consider this as a sacrilegious thing to do the Busa but my girl's 5'8" & on the long rides her knees ache. She loves it other than that so I reckon it's a small price to pay to keep her keen on our weekend/week jaunts.
Cam Wrote:Does anyone know where I can get a set of lowering brackets for the pillion pegs on my '99? I found a website in the USA that sells them with varying lengths, (I think I'm keen on 50mm drop) for $170US. I'd sooner buy them local if anyone knows of anywhere.

I should add that yes I know some of you may consider this as a sacrilegious thing to do the Busa but my girl's 5'8" & on the long rides her knees ache. She loves it other than that so I reckon it's a small price to pay to keep her keen on our weekend/week jaunts.

Theres something on here somewhere about this and I think Buell pegs fit and lower it a bit. Try a search on it
Pan has some pics from his hopefully he will find them for you Pi_thumbsup

Ruffy
He wants the pillion pegs not the rider ones. I don't know if the Buell pillion ones fit a busa.
A friend of mine has made up a set of running board style pillion pegs for his wife that he swaps from bike to bike with minor adjustments whenever he changes bikes. Maybe you can whip up a lowering link style of thing for the stock pegs.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Have you thought about getting a shorter girlfriend or lowering your present one (Just a thought).
Bon Wrote:Have you thought about getting a shorter girlfriend or lowering your present one (Just a thought).

Thanx guys but I guess I'll just go for the ones from the Grand Ol Us of A if no-one has anything bad to say about them. It was just that I was speaking to a fellow Busa owner at Willy last year where we all met up after the toy ride. He was telling me how he lowered his pegs, (both pillion & rider) & thought it worked a treat. I can't remember his name though. Perhaps it was Pan?

As for the shorter girlfriend Bon, I had one of those & she complained more, (that was on a '92 GSXR 11 though). Come to think of it there may be other advantages to lowering my current lady.... It would save me having to stand on a chair when I wanted to get a..., no lets not go there.

Thanx again lads.