question for QLDers
I have a question for people in QLD can you sell a car with rego but no RWC and trust the buyer to get their own RWC or is it frowned upon or if i sell the car with NO RWC do i legally have to remove the plates from the vehicle before it leaves my sight
from my time in townsville you can sell it no RWC but they cant go register it until they have done one so if they dont get one its there own problem. the lady at Queensland transport told me that i could buy a bike without a RWC no problems but then had to go get one done to change rego over. so as long as you keep your part of the vehicle disposal form your good to go without a RWC if the buyer is happy to do that. correct me if im wrong anyone but im pretty sure thats what it is mate.Pi_thumbsup
Regards

Dan
Only prob with that is......... no RWC........then no rego transfer...........so if he drives it you are liable for new owners speeding fines until rego is transferred as car is still in your name Confused

Had a similar problem once with the first busa I sold. The new owner got done the day after I sold it to him (Saturday) Lol3so it was still in my name Scary & I copped his fine. BUT......I got him to write the time & date of pick up on the notice of disposal & sign it with his licence number.......saved my arse as I had something to show them Yes
Never ride the A model of anything.
yeah Rev QLD transport has a disposal form which has time and date and signed by both. once thats signed its all done and dusted no worries about tickets or anything all you gotta do is fax a copy of the disposal form and the ticket to QT and shes all fixed
Regards

Dan
I am getting told by other forums that in QLD it is illegal to sell a vehicle unless it is supplied with a RWC which i reckon is total bullshit I can understand selling a car with rego and no rwc but some guys are saying that you cant even put it up for sale without a rwc looks like phone calls tomorrow to the transport dept
when i sold my car to transfer it over it needs a safety cert. No safety cert, no transfer. Dunno if that's what you mean by RWC.
cheers
Rob
Yep Dans on the money just make sure you lodge your part of form defently dont let new buyer take your copy lodge it and keep a copy for your referance
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
So if you have a car with a blownup motor for example, that is still registered, and you want to sell it, cant afford repairs etc, then you obviously cant get a rwc (car dont go) and you cant sell it without one .........Idiot2Idiot2Idiot2

Doesnt sound right Bill!

In Nsw, I've never purchased a registered vechile with a rwc and never needed one for transfer.

Leonard.Biker
Legend Wrote:So if you have a car with a blownup motor for example, that is still registered, and you want to sell it, cant afford repairs etc, then you obviously cant get a rwc (car dont go) and you cant sell it without one .........Idiot2Idiot2Idiot2

Doesnt sound right Bill!

In Nsw, I've never purchased a registered vechile with a rwc and never needed one for transfer.

Leonard.Biker

I agree Leonard it doesnt sound right but this bloody qld goverment is starting to be dickheads when it comes to RWC and selling vehicles

I know for a fact that if you are advertising your car for sale while driving it on the roads it has to have that blue slip thing clearly visible otherwise they fine you for trying to sell a car without a safety certificate go figure

I am just unsure on the selling registered and no RWC / safety certificate I know i have to keep the back part of the form as proof of disposal but do i just keep that or do i take it into Main rds and hand it to them so they can lose it and i still end up in the shit

looks like a trip into the office is on the cards
You can buy and sell unroadworthy/unregistered vehicles in queensland no worries at all but you will get fined if you are advertising publicly (sign in window) without a roadworthy certificate. Quite a few here have left their cars on the main drag with signs and no cert. and got fines. Other than that i personally would not like to trust the buyer in getting the rego swapped unless you do what Rev said and get date and time of pickup signed by the buyer. I have only ever sold a vehicle(car or bike) unregistered i mean if they really want to drive it home they can get a permit to drive from place of purchase to place of residence for about $50-$100. Providing they go from a - b without deviation they have no worries with getting booked.

Just my 2 cents
No matter what you get signed if you do not change the rego over with a RWC/Safety Certificate, you will be liable for any thing they may do.

Had a customer who sold his race trailer, he ran out of time to get a RWC/safety to change the rego, so the new buyer said he would do it, but he did not and over the next 3 mth racked up over $4500 in toll fines gess who they come looking for?
Wasn't the new owner
The big difference between NSW and QLD in this situation is that in NSW we have to have a safety inspection EVERY year before registration.
In QLD a safety inspection is only required when the vehicle is sold.
Isn't that correct?

I wouldn't be complaining about the government in QLD getting money hungry. They have a lot to learn from NSW and VIC.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO