Front Preload
Been working on the front for some time, Busa seems to push the front hard and on winding bumpy roads riding hard this can be a little disconcerting. Got it as good as I can get it but again we all ride different and like a different feel so this is only what i,ve found that works for me. I weigh 82kgs and can only achieve the correct amount of laden sag (measure 87.6mm from the top of the clamp to the bottom of the fork seal with you on the bike in your riding position, use a zip tie) with the preload screwed all the way in so if you weigh more than me (screw em all the way in) you wont get it. It seems the bike has been sprung for a 45kg Japanese jockey. A good suspension outfit will respring and rework the front for between 6 - $800 and if you are a big person it would be money well spent improving the front end handling no end. Compression and rebound is a matter of taste but a good starting point is comp - 4clicks, reb - 3clicks. Comp is a matter of taste but too much rebound and you will get bounce and headshake, back it off until it is smooth. The rear end is a lot easier to set up and would be happy to talk about it if anyone wants to know. I found it best to set it up on the road cause most tracks are so smooth that just about anything works. all the best in getting the most out of your ride.
Which model? I hear that the spring constant was increased on later models. I also assume that the springs sag with age.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
Gnarbunkle99 Wrote:Which model? I hear that the spring constant was increased on later models. I also assume that the springs sag with age.

My current one bike is an 06 silver blue one. Spring tensions will vary slightly anyway due to manufacturing differences the important measurement is that 87.6mm or as close to as you can. The correct sag on any machine is total suspension travel - 33% = Laden sag. Race bikes are set up a lot stiffer but then they dont have to deal with things like comfort and bumps, surface imperfections etc.
Been there, done that. Mentioned suspension setup a long time ago, did some bikes for some people, now just stick to my own.