Fixed speed camera's
By now everyone should have heard they are on the Monash Fwy, in the 80km/h zone around the Burnley area. Well I went down there and had a look (since I may be one of the revenue victims myself) and noticed 3 camera's on the last gantry, just before the hill before you enter the tunnel from the eastern side. If these are the supposed camera's, they take photo's of the rear of the vehicle as you travel toward the city. So play it safe and don't be a victim.
By-the-way, you can't see them till your past them or on the way out of the city.
No, I hadn't heard. Thanks for the heads-up! Is this the start of something bigger, or is it confined to this one location?
On the subject,

one of my friends done the m5 tunnel walk and spotted a new "stealth" speed camera already installed!!
it takes 3 lanes, 3 lenses, 3 cars at once.

i am just waiting for them to make it public, and the excuse they are going to give!!

Jes
But surely it must make a seperate photo for each lane, because I can't see them alleging that all three vehicles were travelling at the same speed - Unless it is a group of motorbikes
the camera must have a clear view of the offenders number plate( as we all know), if the plate is obstructed in any way the photo is rejected. the camera's you mentioned are in use in several states in australia and the yanks have been useing them for years, they take a photo of each lane and the radar is seperate for each lane as well.

hope this helps.

MAX