Front Plates!!!!!
Have a look at the latest edition of AMCN and be prepared to vote Liberal at the next election.
This state sucks!!!! When it comes to riders rights.
Maybe we would be better having a go at the few fool that make it harder and less enjoyable for the rest of us.:"> What The F*&K Was That ?
Riders are the state's scapegoats at the moment. We are an ideal size group to be picked on - minority, but big enough that everyone sees us. Bit of bad publicity, then they can fix the problems with society by doing this, that, or the other. And the public as a whole thinks they're doing something great...
It was reported recently that the amount of our tax $$ the police and politicians have spent on front number plate designs could have converted all speed camera's Australia wide to shoot in both directions - solving the problem of the minute amount of riders who get away with speeding fines after being shot front on. Typical.
I think you will find that the reason speed cameras face the rear of vehicles these days where as they used to face the other way is because it was an invasion of privacy as who ever got the picture delivered to them could see who was in the car with the driver (eg mistress), also they used to get quite a lot of police and politicians faces in the pictures which would be bad for a whole slew of reasons (well for them anyway).
On the subject of front number plates if you ever come across one of these riders who gives the finger or any other obscene gesture to the cameras make sure you tell him what a wanker he is and if we do end up having front number plates he is one of the main reasons. If there is a fixed camera and you KNOW it is there just slow down, 10 seconds won't hurt ya and it stops us looking like we are all hoons because of bikes doing 200 through the camera they know can't catch them.

Thats my bitch for the week Adios Amigos
We may be not that small a minority when you think of all the different people who ride from young bucks to retired seniors and profesional or laborours and farmers. We happen to cover all socio-economic groups. WE HAVE A VOICE11111
What The F*&K Was That ?
In Amcn check out the reader letters up the back for the op transport min response.They say they will scrap the plate plus the $50 tax as well I know where my vote is going.It will be interesting to see if bracks shows up at the GP to give the trophy to the winner.
At the GP, Bracks will probably require the bikes to have e-tags and they will install a scanner under the pedestrian overpass. $3.20 per lap per bike...

And forget run-off areas, they are going to surround the track with wire-rope barriers...
Hey Richard did you go away or take the laptop with you?
No, my flight leaves in a few hours time. I had planned to log off Friday evening, but this f#$*ing thing at work which was supposed to finish and requires my input did not finish until 5 a.m. this morning, hence I have had to log back in numerous times to monitor progress.

Anyway, all I can say is, I am glad it actually did finish! I would still have gone, but would not have felt comfortable leaving it...