bike tie downs cam buckle vs ratchet straps
Rushed around in my lunch time and picked up some decent looking "Just straps" motorcycle straps..but only the cam buckle type (friction spring grips nylon), couldn't see ratchet at the shop.

Are these cam buckle okay? Trailering bike bike Syd->Canb, just making sure these are designed to tie down the front forks compressed...that's the main thing "bike straps" are designed for right? They're rated at 150kg, chepaer looking and price ones didn't have tightly woven nylon or significant stitching but had 450kg written all over them
Mark
Canberra's Best Silver/Black K5!
Usually Mark you have to chock the front but since there isn't a lot of movement in a Busas front end (as opposed to a dirt bike) and you have it secured at the four corners in a good spread it shouldn't be an issue. Pulling down on them can screw the seals but that is pretty rare. Those ones will be fine, just check them after you have gone about two or three clicks and periodically after that. The bike will 'settle' after a couple of bumps. Those straps are fine, tie them off under the buckle. Don't tape them becuase it becomes a pain in the arse when you adjust them. Hope that helps.
yeah I've got proper bike trailer organised from Kenards, it's only a little road 250, not 'busa but I might get another two straps to lightly secure the back in place instead of classy rope around the rim like the old man does in his 6x4 box trailer.
when buying bike straps, don't go for cheapest... is it really worth it over 20-30 bucks.

I use 'Gorillas Grip' straps (with a handlebar sock). They are rated to 300kg and they are the only straps I trust when towing my busa on the trailer...

Any good honda or suzuki shop will have them, they are about $50 for a set. Worth every cent

New Page 1RegardGrantKing of Stealth Blingwww.blingpartsaustralia.com.au
Just ride it back Mark - put yourself in front of a semi and you'll do 140 all the way

Ruffy

well it's more out of mechanical sympathy for the little blighter... prefer not to turn up an embark on a 3.5 hr ride on an unfamiliar bike, hasn't had an oil change in 12mths (but supposedly done only 50kms in that time). Want to changed the fluids, filter, give it a good once over etc then use it.