Are hondas good cars?
(28-01-2014, 12:20pm)connorl Wrote: secondhand legend 2008 for 24k ish

i got my 2006 for 21k

for $20K you can buy a brand new Deawoo Cerato that has 5 years unlimited k's warranty

while it may not be the best car or even as "good" as your Legend you will never have to worry about anything "breaking" for the next 5 years

to me THAT'S called reliable (even if it breaks you get it fixed for nothing which keeps you motoring)
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
true.

but Cernato thingy hasnt got what legend has tho....

i am not defending honda. but the OP is about honda a good car or not.
and i would say honda is pretty good imo.

http://www.carsales.com.au/news/honda/ho...vity-41251
actually she asked in the body of her post are they reliable cars......

as the word "good" is so relative it can not actually be answered in such a general way. Whay you consider "good" I may not, what I consider "good" others will disagree with. But reliable is a qualified term and can be answered based on initial outlay, current return, service costs, service regularity, warranty and reported problems....

any new car with a warranty should instantly get tot he top of the "reliability" pile just cause it should keep you motoring for the life of the warranty. BUT we all know some companies are terrible at servicing warranty claims, some utterly refuse....
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

i am going to buy a car honda civic 1988 model here http://www.adverts.pk/-1/posts/1_Vehicle..._Sale.html can any one tell me is this is good for me? its price is 300000
here the prices would be closer to 200-250K but otherwise a reasonable car for that price. The real test is how it has been treated over those years as 1988 is a while ago. If it has a service history thats reputable then offer something lower and see where you get too.

As I said previously, the older Hondas are considered a good reliable car for that era IMO...

the older the car the more chance it has been abused and thus any model "reliability" is replaced by user reliability.

good luck on the purchase batool

looks like it has been advertised since August so put an offer of 175000 ;)

Another option is... If you have a reputable mechanic that is willing to perform a complete vehicle check (we have several National company's here that do) for about 10-15k (5%) of purchase price is worth every Rupee...
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

We have over 50 Ford Ranger Utes at work.
Ever since the end of the Courier the overall build quality has gone down hill,
I pull brand new apart to bring them up to a customers spec with heaps of extras
and the have a much cheaper feel over the last few years.

Honda's built in Thailand ? Had nothing to do with them,
but I've ridden a few new Triumphs from their 3 factory's there.
We got a 2013 Civic hatch for the Mrs 3 months ago I test drove most of everything in its class and the feel and build quality I got back from the Honda was far better than most this will be our first Honda Car But had plenty of Honda Bikes and love"em Smitten
Will see how the car go's over time
" SO MANY TURKEYS IN THE WORLD ARE YOU ONE "