Make the M7 Westlink free.
Heres an idea.

The cross city tunnel is currently losing money hand over fist because it is seeing 25% of the traffic that it was planned to see. Now if we continue not to use this road then the company that built it will fold. However they wont fill in the tunnel will they, and if there is a toll nobody will use it, so hey presto...free road.

Now if we all as residents of Sydney stay off the M7 it will also go the way of the dodo and we will have another free road. We could be toll free by 2010 if we all work together. Our taxes already pay for the friggin thing it's just bad government management that makes us pay and pay and pay.

Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA
2000 Suzuki Hayabusa Red/Grey Bog standard except for bling and a kanooter valve. Oh and a turbo kit on the floor.
Strike a blow for freedom...Smash a speed camera!!!
Red Bikes Rule!!!!!
I'm with you on this one Graham.

Go the boycott!

We shouldn't pay anything for our roads.
Watch out! They'll stick you with the voluntary road tax victorian style
Yes Busgo but the cross city tunnel is the first piece of kit that is losing money hand over fist from the very beginning. The Harbour Bridge was useful, there was no alternative except to head West or take a ferry. The Tunnel eases congestion on the bridge. The Cross City Tunnel goes under Sydney City to Bondi. Who cares!!!!! Obviously the thousands of motorists who choose to sit in gridlock rather than pay the toll are sending a message.

Think about it, if they cant encourage people to use the thing it will go bust. If it goes bust the state will probably step in but by then nobody is using it because people are going around it, so the state have two choices. Continue a toll on the road in the hopes that people might come back, or ditch the toll. If it's the latter we get a tunnel to nowhere for free.

Lastly, and this is the bit that really shits me, is that they are blocking streets to try and force traffic to use this hole in the ground. I think they have been to the Bracks School of Capitalist Exploitation. I can see why Bob Carr did the runner, with all the money that is yet to be accounted for in the property boom and the current state of the infrastructure, I can see a bit of a groundswell among the people crossing the city and sitting on the commuter platforms across Sydney.

Lets go, kick the house of cards down. Maybe people are sick of being taxed and tolled to death. Lets see.

Stirring the Pot!!!

PS I do agree, the toll roads in this joint will be toll roads long after my great great grandson is dead if we sit here. Wanna protest........dont use it, tell your friends not to use it. And on this one I do practise what i preach.

Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA
2000 Suzuki Hayabusa Red/Grey Bog standard except for bling and a kanooter valve. Oh and a turbo kit on the floor.
Red Bikes Rule!!!!!Edited by: 1hotBUSA  at: 11/10/05 6:21 pm
I think I'm in the " TELL IM HE'S DREAMIN" category here.

If you think you will ever get a free toll after it has already been established.

Look at the harbour bridge. It was paid for in the early 70's and we still pay for it.

The only thing that I can think of that was ever stopped was the Sydney Opera House Lottery.
(But they bought in poker machines to take its place)
Rgds BUSGO
But most people work in the city they don't want to by-pass it. How about we buy it and turn it into parking area only
(like the rest of the city main streets and motorways in peak hour)
I the Busa country
I'm going to this M7 i don't care how much the toll cost will be it will save me almost a hour to Mascot from my place(not at peak hour but)

Cheers Robert
World Wide CEO
Easyrider Imports
www.easyriderimports.com.au
Edited by: simmo at: 12/10/05 4:27 pm
Guys, I was up in Sydney last week for 1st time, and travelled most of the Motorways. Geez, they are SO different to Melbourne!

People can stand next to freeway or in centre to catch buses!! Sounds dangerous! Also, I bought a Syd-Way's to get around $30 much worth it better than a map that folds every which way. BUT, how weird that the Motorways or roads on there aren't even built yet. I had edition 11, and went to head to Penant Hill (6) rd from Windsor Rd, went to get on 2 or 4 or 7, and wasn't even built, went to 2 i think and finally got it! And stoplights that weren't even there, were marked in map. .... In Victoria, we have dotted lines or faded lines with "under construction" labelled. Maybe Sydney does run too fast - just like everyone says.

Umm, yeah, getting back to it, the tolls suck there for such a road that is not as efficient as it seems. Lucky, got to one of those toll boothes to get off, and our E-Tag automatically worked! Cool. Travelled many times on them, and out to Bathurst on 4 I think, but just not free flowing in areas. You guys shouldn't have to pay tolls, or expensive ones anyway. Come to Melbourne to see ours...
Looks like you got your wish
Hey Simmo,

You going to pay $5 a day which makes $25 per week or $1300 per year on top of what you pay now for something that should be free.

They said in the paper today that the Cross City Tunnel company would be bust in 2 yrs if they didnt get their traffic projections, but the actual taffic projections for that area were not going to see 90000 vehicles in a day until something like 2012. Bye bye toll company........NEXT!!!! We could do the M7, followed by the M5, that's a tolled car park, and finish off with the M2.

Make the city free in 2 years if we knuckle down to it.

Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA
Red Bikes Rule!!!!!
Yes I know it should be free and I know what you are saying but in my case work will pay for it, it will save on my time and running costs on all our vehicles and over a f'n dollar a litre for fuel they are going to bend you over whatever way you go.
Cheers Robert
World Wide CEO
Easyrider Imports
At least with work paying for it then that's no problem. I think Mum and Dad Australians are really going to use it when they want to go out of town or are in a hurry to get home.

Mascot is a hike to go to work......bet you're glad you've a company vehicle.

Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA
Red Bikes Rule!!!!!
I Don't go into town that much, company car has its pros & cons but
Cheers Robert
World Wide CEO
Easyrider Imports
late post.....

If i heard correctly the M7 will be free for the first month,
so hopefully i will cu all out there Saturday 17th DEC just watch out for

My Stock 06
I ABSOLUTELY PROMISE I WILL NOT GO NEAR THE THING!!!