What's your job? Tell us what you do
currently working at CuB head office as a application analyst.

Mainly I work with Microsoft server technologies, virtual computing (Cloud) with the likes of VMWare and Citrix.

Mainly doing design these days :)
[Image: nocensorship.gif]
I sarted in a BAKERY

In new south whales, a small costal town on
The east coast of australia

12yrs old -needed money
1st car at age 14yrs-fully modified by the time I was 15yrs old
Then came the trailbikes-lots
Boss worked me hard- i thank him for doing so
Im am what im am now because of him
I missed lotsa pub nites with my mates,jason & nick
I missed out on a lota things
But
I had my drivers licence & i got bored

Whats missing - a real bike !!!!

So i turn my liking for cars- to hating cars

I want to ride

I built my first harley custom by 19yrs old
Had that bike for 15 years, mmmm nice bike
Got saked at bakery in early 1998,
I did brickies laborer- then move to melbourne
Did my security cirtificate -& been doing it since
As well as starting my own business & trademake

www.RYDRZ .com.au

Now i work on harley's
Hayabusa's & yamaha trail bikes
Car striping & rebuilding & servicing Holden's
Do motorcycle tours victoria & austraila wide

Im buyin a mill & lathe to manufacture
Hayabusa fuel rail bits, so if wanna modify your fuel rail
From stock -stg 1-stg2 braided-stg3 billit rail

Tyre changing & fitting & balacing only motorcycle atm- to get skilled up

Working on my own bikes first b4-doing any work on others.

Now piss off-

Oh yeh ive been workin at a mortauary
,a butcher shop,carpet cleaner,vynl floor scrubb & polisher, steam cleaner,
Chemical plant -making explosives ,ooooops
I'm a mechanical engineer. Studied at RMIT in the city, including a full year of study in pubs and bars in the CBD..

Started work at Holden a few weeks after I finished uni and have now been working there over 16 years. One of the things that keeps the job fresh is that each new program is a bit like starting a new job, so it helps to keep things interesting and fresh.

In that time I've worked engineering various parts of the cars such as rear spoilers, door trims, Instrument Panels, floor consoles and other parts.
The role of an engineer at Holden is to take the designs that styling produce and make them a reality. This includes engineering the parts to ensure they meet all legal, safety, quality, durability requirements and project manage the parts from start to finish of the program.

I've worked on some great cars including the Monaro, VY & VE Commodore, Camaro and the new VF Commodore.

It's great being able to see those cars going down the road, knowing that there are parts on the car that I've been responsible for engineering and bringing to reality. Over the years, parts I've designed have been built into cars in South Africa, Thailand, Australia and North America. So there are cars out there on every continent (except Antarctica..) that I've had a part in engineering!

I've also got a patent to my name for leading the engineering of a new interior lighting style that was introduced on the Camaro. We made it so that instead of shining a light onto the trim, we shine the light into the plastic to make it look like the part is glowing with no light source visible.
Daytime look:

Night time lighting:

If you're interested in seeing what I've been working on for the last 3 and a half years, there will be a reveal of the new VF commodore on Sunday at 10:30am on http://www.youtube.com/user/HoldenAustralia. I've been the lead door trim engineer on this program, working with 4 other engineers to engineer new door trims as part of the new interior and taking mass out of the vehicle to improve fuel economy.

Cheers

Dale

I did this since 78 with a bit of fishing thrown in;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfMdHEY9weU

......then, as many of you already know, in 2007 I became a forcibly retired victim of a drunk woman driver on an Australian Road.

Some people really have boring jobs, it's enough to make ya just want to go out & "mitigate your losses" Lol2
(14-02-2013, 08:45pm)GRUNTMAX Wrote: I did this since 78 with a bit of fishing thrown in;

......then, as many of you already know, in 2007 I became a forcibly retired victim of a drunk woman driver on an Australian Road.

Some people really have boring jobs, it's enough to make ya just want to go out & "mitigate your losses" Lol2

I'm a CTP Insurance Assessor and insurance claims investigator with a part time job working as Julia Gillard's PA.

Ghastly

(Sorry DJ. Too much Baileys again)
i saw that Pan
I'm looking to get out of that line of work though. Want to be a driving instructor and particularly help females. Teach them how to drive without Beer
(14-02-2013, 09:52pm)pan Wrote:
(14-02-2013, 08:45pm)GRUNTMAX Wrote: I did this since 78 with a bit of fishing thrown in;

I'm a CTP Insurance Assessor and insurance claims investigator with a part time job working as Julia Gillard's PA.

Ghastly

Swimming pools are essential therapyConfused

(14-02-2013, 09:57pm)pan Wrote: I'm looking to get out of that line of work though. Want to be a driving instructor and particularly help females. Teach them how to drive without Beer

You need to come to Vic then Pan as in the last year two females have been caught three times over the limit, picking there kids up from school!

Just this week a 20/21yo was charged after she left her very young child in the car, the child died. But she had been warned "several time's) about the dangers of it. But she didn't care...she could be out in 9 months with good behavior! Makes me sick, they all plead the 'I'm s drug user' shit to get the time lowered. There's no excuse for that...
(15-02-2013, 10:59am)BEAU Wrote: ........ Makes me sick, they all plead the 'I'm s drug user' shit to get the time lowered.......

Wtf
If I was a Judge I would automatically double every sentence as soon as those words are used. To me when you take a drug you already know the effect it can have so anything you do under the influence is actually pre-meditated

Guess I would be known as teh Slammin Judge hahahahahaa
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!