OEM tyre kms?
I have just worn out rear OEM BT056 in 3500 kms, is this normal? I weigh 105 kgs. I leave a wide black mark on road, and live in the hills. I am looking at BT010, should I also change front to match? With softer rubber, should I expect even less kms? <i></i>
JMC.The 010 is no longer its the 014 ,020 and 012ss I got less out of my first set of 56's I would keep them a pair what ever tyres you put on , but the softer the better if you can afford them.I use 012ss and I have done a track day + 1 drag night and did th eJindy ride,still have at least 1000 k left in them. Cheers,
Kawasuki<i></i>
I agree with Kawa, What ever you use, buy a matching set. Personally I run the 014 front and rear and I get about 4500klms out of the rear and 6000 from the front. Just might wanna check your tyre pressures regularly with the bus, it will make a difference. Cheers,
Holge
(Polishing,Polishing, and more polishing)<i>Edited by: Holger the Dane&nbsp; at: 29/12/05 7:54 pm
</i>
Thanks guys for your help. I am leaning towards the BT012ss as I live in the hills. I usually run 38 psi rear & 36 psi front, is this correct for a softer tyre? What pressures do you guys use?
Cheers, JMC. <i></i>
JMC,
I currently run a BT56F and BT020R and have never had a problem with grip except in the slush of course.
Expect about 10,000k from the front and rear with this combo.
40lb front and 42lb rear.
I'm only 75kg though.
Rgds BUSGO
<i></i>
I run 42psi in the rear and 40psi in the front on the twisties. I've found the 014 to be a good compromise when looking for outright edge grip (I'm not Vale, but hey) and tyre wear. But if you like giving it a red hot go in the hills then the 012ss sounds like a good option.
Oh, and I'm 104kg
Good luck and happy riding. Cheers,
Holge
(Polishing,Polishing, and more polishing)<i></i>
JMC,the pressures you mentioned are ok for the 012ss. On the track I run 34 rear and 35 front,they end up after the laps 40 rear and 39 front,, thats hot tyre pressures. Cheers,
Kawasuki<i></i>
i got 12000 from my original rear tyre and 14000 from the original front. But i did ride 5000 k's in a straight line...
bris to melb and back. <i></i>
Bridgestone themselves recommend 38 rear,36 front,thats for the road.However on the track go lower,as kawa says,the more heat in the tyres,the more pressure they will increase to when hot.
Phuck its the Phantom.......
There's the V-4 thing - there's just something about it that inline 4s
don't have, and V-twins have too much of.<i></i>