Tyre too hot?
went for just one more ride yesterday (skipped from work) and am a bit disappointed in the Pirelli Diablo:"> . I don't know if I was imagining it or what, but the rear boot was slipping all over the joint . The road was pretty hot (35C day?) and I decided to pull into a servo and check the tyre temp with my hand. Couldn't touch the damn things for too long, they were el scorchio!

Anybody else had trouble with tyre temp on a specific brand? <i></i>
Ain't had any problems with my M1 Sportecs they gripped awesomely and didn't overheat.

Viking <i></i>
Am suprised to hear this would have thought the opposite namely sticking like glue when hot. Im running dragon evos which have been my best tyres to date but was planning on Diablos on next change, so now am not sure if thats the way to go.

Perhaps lets use this thread as road reports on the Diablo for those that have tried them.

PS. dragon evos (corsa) a few are still available from Bikes and Bits Nepean Hgwy East Brighton Melbourne. Ask for Ben mention Volvi sent you and will give his best price. <i></i>
Last weekend i did a superbike cornering and braking at Wakefield Park I have front corsa and rear diablo It only riggled once on a right hand power slide, the rest of the day it handle as well as can be expected, on a race track. Also this is a very tight track and produces a lot of tyre wear, but the diablos were not scuffed up at all. <i></i>
i'm thinking maybe the tyre pressure was too high (42 psi when cold) and that the extra temp caused tyre pressure to go way up, and then not allowing the tyre any movement for grip? could that be right? <i></i>
Your right about tyre pressures ressac.
Way too high for the track, did a track day a couple of weeks back , the day was overcast but still quite hot so i put my tyres at 36psi f/r (i run M-1) had no dramas and even wore quite even......with the exceptions of a few slides.

When i run slicks at the track i ran them at 29r/30f, but you never exceed road tyres past 36psi for the track. There not designed for that type of heat range.....

People crash at the track because they don't understand the operating parameters of tyres.

Here's a pic straight after the track...

Ciao....Paul

<i></i>
Try that again shall I....

Ciao.... <i></i>
I give up..... <i></i>
Paul,give snapfish the arse and try village photos <i></i>
Thanks RR, I'll do that.....
<i></i>
Where did you ride ressac? Over xmas i went for a ride on a 30+ deg day and my diablo corsas felt very slippery. They were leaving huge black lines everywhere, but when i stopped to look at these black lines i noticed that the asphalt was melting and the bike was tearing the top layer of asphalt off.... no black rubber at all, just black gooey asphalt!
That was up the lake mountain road... its disintegrating in this heat (hang on... its 12 deg outside, what happened to summer?). I'll bet the the same thing was happening to you. <i></i>
That's very true Bee, some road surfaces are shite and will cause the road to move with the tyre when hot enough...

Always check tyre temps when it varies in seasonal temp or shitty unpredictable temps like now

Ciao...Paul <i></i>
Yeah Bee had the same problam last saturday on the Donna Buang rd.I thought i had a puncture the rear was sliding around so much! When i pulled up there was tar all over the side of the tyre,go figure! <i></i>
I was plodding through the hills from Whittlesea to Yea (standard going home route). Must admit it wasn't the whole trip, and if I remember right (long time ago now) it started happening after the Flowerdale turnoff. <i></i>