dunlop d208
anyone tried the new 208's as im getting very close to needin a new rear tyre any info would be good <i></i>
well thanks for the info :-)
i have fitted new d208 and it feels bloody magnificent so far have to wait a few weeks to see what wear is like <i></i>
Hey, I don't know anyone who has actually tried them! You are laying the first rubber for the group, as far as I know... <i></i>
Done abour 2000 k's on the 208's - rear only- and found it to be real slippery and jerky when they are cold. Never had that feeling with the BT56R original. Yet to find a real good day when i can really heat them up on some windy roads!!
Peter
<i></i>
Any update on 208 wear folks? I'm tempted to try a set but after seeing Hiedi destroy a set of 207's in about a fortnight I'm a little concerned about longevity.
Aside from wear does anyone know if the 208 is better than the 207 (which I think has passed its use by date with tyres like Pilots & BT010's about).
Bill <i></i>
Well I have put a Pirelli Corsa on the rear to match my corsa front, and I swear by them. Warm up quick so far best rear Ive had, more expensive than the others but I think worth the extra few bucks. No more 207's for me. <i></i>
Don't think I will go another D208. Found them to slide a bit in the first 15 minutes of riding too much. Running them at 42psi. Will go for the Pilots as a lot of people swear by them!!
Peter <i></i>
G'day
I've run through a couple of D208 sets.
4 - 6000km each.
But I do not ride as aggressively as most, perhaps. Don't have a problem with sliding and slipping.
Just put on a set of Metzeler jobbies, and the bus does seem to turn in and hold a line better. But as I said, I'm no M. Doohan.
Regards
Kevin <i></i>
Dont go for Pilots if you want fast warm up as they are just the opposite, but other than that steer nicely, last a long time & are sticky enough for most people.
I just got through my first 208, & I like em, with a couple of reservations. The rear is a little skinny, it looks like a 180 next to the original BT56. I'd be tempted to put a 200 on if I go for another D208, which I think I will. They are ok rather than outstanding in the rain. Steering is very different to the Pilots, fast but not as extreme as the triangular profile 207RR. They do seem stickier than the Pilots untill they get too hot- easy to do on a Busa. I did just that & had a huge slide from them (which the bike handled beautifully- an R1 would have spat me off) before slowing down & getting lots of little slides untill they cooled down. I reckon 5 or 6 laps at a track day would see them moving around a lot. There is a lot of damage to the tyre after a hard ride (much more so than the Pilots) & the rear lasted 3500K's.
The bottom line is they are worth a try if you want something faster steering & stickier than the Pilots, but no way will they last as long & are less predictable.207RR would be a better choice for track days.
Bill <i></i>
Update on 208- now on my 3rd rear 208 (since December, no wonder I'm always broke) & the more I ride em the more I like em.
I put a 200 on last time & it feels solid as a rock & had little effect on turn in (it is the same profile as the 190) . Scored a pair of M1's cheap ($395) which will go on next, I hear good things about them but its been a long time between Metzelers for me.
Bill <i></i>