New chain. When do I lube it?
I've just fitted new chain and sprockets. All this time I thoughtI'd put a 43tooth rear on last time, but it was a 42. This time it's a 43. (so now the wildly optimistic speedo will be even further out)
The front spocket was worn, but the back looked ok, but changed both anyway.

The new chain is covered in that "white sticky greasy messy waxy shit".
-It's now also on my hands, legs, clothes, hair, shoes, walked into the carpet and smeared across the bathroom. (I am in sooo much trouble from Boobies4 Knuppel2 )

So what is the general thought on this stuff. Is a great lube and should be left on, to protect the chain as it did while it was in storage? Or is it some rubbish that I should clean off and then re-lube the chain with a quality chain-oil?
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
the white stuff normally last a couple of my rides then wears off, i normally just re-lube once the white stuff has gone, havnet had any probs so far, and im about to put on chain number 3
100000kms in 23 months, not too bad
+1
+2
(23-12-2011, 05:01pm)BikerBoy Wrote: +2
Get a pro-oiler and forget about it

Lol2 Wardy I think you have mixed up your chains again, the one with the chain & the lube, whip & hand cuffs is the bedroom one, The other one is for the man cave (not that you cant play in the Man cave)
The white sticky greasy messy afterwards will CUM of in the shower Lol2

Hope I was helpful Biker
Ask Shifu and Beally lol sorry guys. Roll
(24-12-2011, 09:10am)06BUSA Wrote: Ask Shifu and Beally lol sorry guys. Roll

Yeah Chris, a lot of mass debate on that one.Lol2Lol2
Lol3 Never Wardy. Keep it dry and clean. Every once in a while just run a rug with kerosene over to clean off the dirt. Lol2

That is what I do Pi_thumbsup
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(23-12-2011, 01:25pm)Ward P Wrote: I've just fitted new chain and sprockets. All this time I thoughtI'd put a 43tooth rear on last time, but it was a 42. This time it's a 43. (so now the wildly optimistic speedo will be even further out)

-It's now also on my hands, legs, clothes, hair, shoes, walked into the carpet and smeared across the bathroom. (I am in sooo much trouble from Boobies4 Knuppel2 )

So what is the general thought on this stuff. Is a great lube and should be left on, to protect the chain as it did while it was in storage? Or is it some rubbish that I should clean off and then re-lube the chain with a quality chain-oil?

Dude,

Get a speedo healer for the speedo...
and I personally usually get the white crap off as soon as the chain goes on, and then lube it with a good qual chain wax after every ride, if I'm only riding on weekends, or every week or so if riding all the time!

Some waxes are better then others at 'clinging' to the chain. and not your leg!
chains need lube :S

i lube mine with motorex anti fling maybe once every 2 months or so........... im such a naughty boy
(23-12-2011, 01:25pm)Ward P Wrote: I've just fitted new chain and sprockets. All this time I thoughtI'd put a 43tooth rear on last time, but it was a 42. This time it's a 43. (so now the wildly optimistic speedo will be even further out)

Wash it off Wardy then wax it, then approx every 3-5 tanks of fuel wax it.
Don't be lazy. Lightly lube your chain every ride. The chain and sprockets will last a real long time.
Modern chains are sealed units. Only the rollers and sprockets need to have a light coat of oil.
Clean your shit off once a month with a bit of kero on a toothbrush and wipe it clean with a rag.
A modern chain and sprockets should see out over 50k easily.
(Don't over tighten 20 to 30mm play at the middle of the bottom row is best)
My recommendations for spirited road riding.
I have only bought 2 chains and 1 sprocket in 8 years of riding busas and the current one is still in great condition.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO