Cable Clutch
Hi all has anyone converted their hydrolic clutch to cable operated. Do you recommend it for drag racing?
Cheers
Steve
hey 463046.....pardon my ignorance, but why (oh why oh why) would ya wanna do that??!!?? ConfusedUndecidedConfused
(27-06-2011, 07:21am)463046 Wrote: Hi all has anyone converted their hydrolic clutch to cable operated. Do you recommend it for drag racing?
Cheers
Steve

Not that I know of Coolrasta
but some of these drag racers are sneaky Lol2
They were a popular conversion in the US for a while but not heard much about it lately, what struck me as funny was you could also get a hydraulic conversion for the gsxr ....
Spaman has it, He said the clutch is heaver, that cant help any I don't think
I changed my clutch line to a braided one (one complete length),
I couldn't say I felt any difference, but at least the fluid stays clean now

Got a problem with the clutch and running out of things to try. When the bike has done a few runs the clutch grabs hard no matter what revs i launch at, as soon as i start to release the lever it grabs. I've had the center welded and i'm running heavy duty springs, also have the wave washer set up same as the later models. The only thing i haven't tried is fitting a slave cylinder support bracket. Thought maybe when the engine is hot the cylinder might be flexingUndecided
Bike Info: 99 model, stock engine, 16000km's, about 1000km's on the strip.
Seen a couple done back in the UK.
Never tried it myself though....

http://www.bigccracing.com/shop/product....urce=thumb
(27-06-2011, 05:57pm)463046 Wrote: Got a problem with the clutch and running out of things to try. When the bike has done a few runs the clutch grabs hard no matter what revs i launch at, as soon as i start to release the lever it grabs. I've had the center welded and i'm running heavy duty springs, also have the wave washer set up same as the later models. The only thing i haven't tried is fitting a slave cylinder support bracket. Thought maybe when the engine is hot the cylinder might be flexingUndecided
Bike Info: 99 model, stock engine, 16000km's, about 1000km's on the strip.

Are you using stock Suzuki fibers & plates
You could try a Brock set up, pm Shayne ABUSA here

http://www.brocksperformance.com/Clutch_...s+C28.aspx
Yeh using the stock suzuki plates. Pulled them out and they're perfect, not warped, not even any hot spots on them.
I would start with the support bracket , esp with the heavy springs,
(27-06-2011, 07:05pm)463046 Wrote: Yeh using the stock suzuki plates. Pulled them out and they're perfect, not warped, not even any hot spots on them.

Have you done the BRocks clutch mod?

(27-06-2011, 07:31pm)Maj Wrote: I would start with the support bracket , esp with the heavy springs,

+1

There's a fair bit of flex there. Mine snapped the front sprocket cover with heavier springs, and that was just day-to-day riding!
If you are still intent on a cable setup ask this guy if he will post to Aussie
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hayabusa-...ccessories
Ubi est Williams est via

[Image: bd2b8814-b7c2-42c7-8059-0811dae17364.png]
Thanks everyone for your input. I would like to keep the hydrolic setup ( if there was a problem everyone would go the cable route ) if possible. Have ordered a support bracket to try. Fingers crossed.

Steve