Bling could dob you in!
(19-05-2011, 06:20am)1300hayabusa Wrote:
(18-05-2011, 09:52pm)Belzybob Wrote:
(18-05-2011, 12:41pm)Shifu Wrote: However if he is a dickhead on the road............

Internet heresay unless anyone has actually ridden with him and can comment first hand, otherwise its without value. Not that I necessarily endorse his actions of course, but I wouldn't want this forum to be another 'Perth Streetbikes' eunuch site (the WA locals will hopefully know what I mean).

.......I heard that their longest rides where from Northbridge to Hay street in the city...is that correct???????Lol3

With two stops for skinny decaf latte on the way.

Government certified carpet muncherDrool
I live out in the country along the Maroondah hwy a hundred km or so out of Melbourne I was going to the local town for some stuff and was in the car and coming up to a familiar straight stretch of road, probably close to 1.5km long. As I got closer I got flashed by an oncoming car which made no difference to me because when im driving around on the weekends particularly Im almost always on cruise control. Anyway sure enough theres a copper in an unmarked Territory tucked in on my side of the road, really nicely obscured by a bus shelter in a great position at the downhill end of this long straight. Just another copper, so I carry on do my stuff and Im then on the way back, keeping an eye out, as you do, and Im approaching the other end of this straight and theres a side road and theres the territory, a tray/tow truck and an undamaged black sport bike (yami i think ) and the bike is being loaded onto it. Now I only caught a glimpse and thought, WTF, so I actually turned around to make sure Id seen what Id seen and sure enough I had. In my mind the guy on the bike has come along, seen a nice long straight with hardly any traffic and cracked open the throttle and enjoyed his bike for a few brief seconds before the lights came on and he was (im assuming) arrested and having his bike impounded. Its the kind of brief indulgence people who buy a 300km an hour (or lesser bikes too I guess) sports bike might partake of in a rare moment of weakness. I only mention this by way of contrast to this bloke who seems to have gone out of his way to antagonise the coppers, get in the headlines and further erode the public perception of bikers among the motoring public. Sure its kind of an amusing story and maybe hes doing it in response to bikers getting a lot of constablular attention but overall Im pretty sure its not helping our situation.
Cheers Mgbusa
(19-05-2011, 10:01pm)mgbusa Wrote: I live out in the country along the Maroondah hwy a hundred km or so out of Melbourne I was going to the local town for some stuff and was in the car and coming up to a familiar straight stretch of road, probably close to 1.5km long. As I got closer I got flashed by an oncoming car which made no difference to me because when im driving around on the weekends particularly Im almost always on cruise control. Anyway sure enough theres a copper in an unmarked Territory tucked in on my side of the road, really nicely obscured by a bus shelter in a great position at the downhill end of this long straight. Just another copper, so I carry on do my stuff and Im then on the way back, keeping an eye out, as you do, and Im approaching the other end of this straight and theres a side road and theres the territory, a tray/tow truck and an undamaged black sport bike (yami i think ) and the bike is being loaded onto it. Now I only caught a glimpse and thought, WTF, so I actually turned around to make sure Id seen what Id seen and sure enough I had. In my mind the guy on the bike has come along, seen a nice long straight with hardly any traffic and cracked open the throttle and enjoyed his bike for a few brief seconds before the lights came on and he was (im assuming) arrested and having his bike impounded. Its the kind of brief indulgence people who buy a 300km an hour (or lesser bikes too I guess) sports bike might partake of in a rare moment of weakness. I only mention this by way of contrast to this bloke who seems to have gone out of his way to antagonise the coppers, get in the headlines and further erode the public perception of bikers among the motoring public. Sure its kind of an amusing story and maybe hes doing it in response to bikers getting a lot of constablular attention but overall Im pretty sure its not helping our situation.
Cheers Mgbusa

Im not convinced that what you said makes him a trouble maker or your assumption of the situation was correct but whats for sure is that if he got caught by a territory in a straight line,on the Maroondah hwy while riding an R1....than he should revise his ridding skills and go down to a nice Honda Monkey.

(20-05-2011, 04:28am)1300hayabusa Wrote:
(19-05-2011, 10:01pm)mgbusa Wrote: I live out in the country along the Maroondah hwy a hundred km or so out of Melbourne I was going to the local town for some stuff and was in the car and coming up to a familiar straight stretch of road, probably close to 1.5km long. As I got closer I got flashed by an oncoming car which made no difference to me because when im driving around on the weekends particularly Im almost always on cruise control. Anyway sure enough theres a copper in an unmarked Territory tucked in on my side of the road, really nicely obscured by a bus shelter in a great position at the downhill end of this long straight. Just another copper, so I carry on do my stuff and Im then on the way back, keeping an eye out, as you do, and Im approaching the other end of this straight and theres a side road and theres the territory, a tray/tow truck and an undamaged black sport bike (yami i think ) and the bike is being loaded onto it. Now I only caught a glimpse and thought, WTF, so I actually turned around to make sure Id seen what Id seen and sure enough I had. In my mind the guy on the bike has come along, seen a nice long straight with hardly any traffic and cracked open the throttle and enjoyed his bike for a few brief seconds before the lights came on and he was (im assuming) arrested and having his bike impounded. Its the kind of brief indulgence people who buy a 300km an hour (or lesser bikes too I guess) sports bike might partake of in a rare moment of weakness. I only mention this by way of contrast to this bloke who seems to have gone out of his way to antagonise the coppers, get in the headlines and further erode the public perception of bikers among the motoring public. Sure its kind of an amusing story and maybe hes doing it in response to bikers getting a lot of constablular attention but overall Im pretty sure its not helping our situation.
Cheers Mgbusa

Im not convinced that what you said makes him a trouble maker or your assumption of the situation was correct but whats for sure is that if he got caught by a territory in a straight line,on the Maroondah hwy while riding an R1....than he should revise his ridding skills and go down to a nice Honda Monkey.

Sorry mate, perhaps I wasnt clear. I dont reckon the bloke on the Yammy was a trouble maker. He did what I (and likely many of us I suspect) have done on any number of sections of nice open country road and just opened her up and enjoyed ourselves with very little risk to anyone but ourselves. I was trying to contrast this with the bloke on the honda who I think its pretty clear was deliberately trying to be a NOB.
Well all I can say is its just as well that Yammie rider was removed from the road... people like him are a menace to society...oops I thought I read that in a newspaper.

What a blatent misuse of official, or should that be officious, power...a warning was all that was required. Stories like this piss me off no end as what I wrote in the first sentence is what a lot of sheep....err people still think.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
That was me wasn't like that at all. I got a flat and the kind Copper rang for a flat top to take me to town to have it repaired. Was very greatfull for his help. He even commented on how carefull I was riding.

Now I only caught a glimpse and thought, WTF, so I actually turned around to make sure Id seen what Id seen and sure enough I had. In my mind the guy on the bike has come along, seen a nice long straight with hardly any traffic and cracked open the throttle and enjoyed his bike for a few brief seconds before the lights came on and he was (im assuming) arrested and having his bike impounded. Cheers Mgbusa
[/quote]

(20-05-2011, 11:43pm)heavensdoor Wrote: That was me wasn't like that at all. I got a flat and the kind Copper rang for a flat top to take me to town to have it repaired. Was very greatfull for his help. He even commented on how carefull I was riding.

Now I only caught a glimpse and thought, WTF, so I actually turned around to make sure Id seen what Id seen and sure enough I had. In my mind the guy on the bike has come along, seen a nice long straight with hardly any traffic and cracked open the throttle and enjoyed his bike for a few brief seconds before the lights came on and he was (im assuming) arrested and having his bike impounded. Cheers Mgbusa

[/quote]

Good for you dude, your really lucky!