Faring Removal
Hi, I must be getting old or something is going wrong, i can't seam to be able to remove the faring from my 2010 Busa. (right hand side faring)

I have removed the 4 allen key bolts, the 5 black plastic push plugs (the ones that you either push the little center piece in or pull the center piece out) and the 3 plastic clips (the ones that are molded into the faring)

Hope this makes sense.

I can get the rear half of the faring to come away from the frame but the front half that is connected to the nose piece remains solid.

There is something i am missing here somewhere.

Can somone help me out here?
Even a step by step instructions would be appreciated.

Cheers.
http://www.busanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174
(01-12-2010, 07:20pm)bbluesilver Wrote: HI mate,
There is a vid on u tube step by step guide hope this helps.
Paul j. I must be getting old or something is going wrong, i can't seam to be able to remove the faring from my 2010 Busa. (right hand side faring)

I have removed the 4 allen key bolts, the 5 black plastic push plugs (the ones that you either push the little center piece in or pull the center piece out) and the 3 plastic clips (the ones that are molded into the faring)

Hope this makes sense.

I can get the rear half of the faring to come away from the frame but the front half that is connected to the nose piece remains solid.

There is something i am missing here somewhere.

Can somone help me out here?
Even a step by step instructions would be appreciated.

Cheers.
See link for YouTube Vids - step by step process and easy to follow

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_qu...sa+fairing&aq=f
Excellent.
Makes things a bit easier.

Appreciated.
Did this for the first time today, piece of piss. The busa nation link is more descriptive. The camera work from that YouTube vid is not very clear.

If you lift the little fairing fill piece there is a screw that holds the nose cone to something, I had the same trouble as you but when I removed that it came off easily. There is also the tab that fits into the air duct, this could also be holding you up.
Regards,

John

2fast4u
(02-12-2010, 10:56pm)John Wrote: The camera work from that YouTube vid is not very clear.

It's all I refered to and thought it was a piece of piss. Had the fairings off in only a few minutes and had never done it before.