Braking systems on the Busa
lightbulb 
Apologies,
Edited for legal reasons.
CheersWm
(28-01-2011, 09:37pm)BLACKZOOK Wrote: My gen 1 turbo and Gen2 1441 both run Rays Braketec ductile full floating disc's and pads with braided lines. Both bikes now have exceptional stopping power (for a big heavy busa).
[Image: _MG_4195.jpg]

[Image: Panonbigbore080510.jpg]

In the begining the discs and pads were horrendously expensive but worth every cent for the confidence they inspired, knowing you could outbrake most bikes over and over again without fading, even on the track.

Braketec are much cheaper now they must have revised their pricing againt the oposition. Remember you are probably comparing stainless wave disc's against full ductile iron for similar money. Do you want wavy disc's that are shiney and look hot or stopping power.

Talk to Ray its money well spent.

BLACKZOOK, Greeny, you pair of Buggerz!!! DroolVery Happy
Now im gunna buy a set of these for my K9, BLACKZOOK, did you buy direct from the USA or did you buy from someone in OZ?
(09-02-2011, 07:32pm)Troopmaster Wrote:
(28-01-2011, 09:37pm)BLACKZOOK Wrote: My gen 1 turbo and Gen2 1441 both run Rays Braketec ductile full floating disc's and pads with braided lines. Both bikes now have exceptional stopping power (for a big heavy busa).
[Image: _MG_4195.jpg]

[Image: Panonbigbore080510.jpg]

In the begining the discs and pads were horrendously expensive but worth every cent for the confidence they inspired, knowing you could outbrake most bikes over and over again without fading, even on the track.

Braketec are much cheaper now they must have revised their pricing againt the oposition. Remember you are probably comparing stainless wave disc's against full ductile iron for similar money. Do you want wavy disc's that are shiney and look hot or stopping power.

Talk to Ray its money well spent.

BLACKZOOK, Greeny, you pair of Buggerz!!! DroolVery Happy
Now im gunna buy a set of these for my K9, BLACKZOOK, did you buy direct from the USA or did you buy from someone in OZ?

Got mine from Ray at Ezyrider Imports a couple of years ago their Great ,the cast iron in them gives good bite for the pads ,s/s is to slippery .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
+1 from Ray at Ezyrider Imports here in Sydney
I have Brake-tech on my bus. Great brakes but I found I had to change the pads.

I found the brakes didn't work well when wet. Might not have been getting hot enough to work around Canberra when it was raining.
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
(10-02-2011, 07:55am)Busdriver Wrote: I have Brake-tech on my bus. Great brakes but I found I had to change the pads.

I found the brakes didn't work well when wet. Might not have been getting hot enough to work around Canberra when it was raining.

So ,which brand pad's do you use Les ?

I put Ferodo Platinum pads on. From my research, the Platinum's are suitable for both steel and iron rotors.

They didn't have the initial bite of the CP211 (if I remember correctly) pads. It was a trade off for having brakes in the wet.
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
(10-02-2011, 02:03pm)Busdriver Wrote: I put Ferodo Platinum pads on. From my research, the Platinum's are suitable for both steel and iron rotors.

They didn't have the initial bite of the CP211 (if I remember correctly) pads. It was a trade off for having brakes in the wet.

Thanks Les .