horsepower calculator
I,ve been playing with this thing for a bit and have found the following things out.Bear in mind these are potential differences if your riding talent can fully utilize them.At the drags a drop in 10kg is worth a tenth.A gain in 5hp at the tyre is worth a tenth.If you drop approx 7.5kg,you will gain 1 mph trap speed.If you gain 3.5hp at the tyre you will gain 1mph.And finally 1.42mph gain is potentially a tenth gain.This is a huge generalization but gives you the idea.Now for a relevant example ,you fit a titanium 4 into 1,do the airbox and tune it.A conservative gain is about 12hp from bone stock and a drop of approx 10kg.your 12hp gets you 0.24sec,your 10kg weight loss gets you 0.1 sec=0.34sec.For mph your 12hp gets you 3.4mph and the 10kg gets you another 1.36mph = 4.76mph.If your on a bone stock busa you can pull 10.5-10.4 stock height with a 95kg suited rider without too much trouble.Taking 0.34 sec off that brings you very close to a magic nine before you have even lowered it.They say every inch is worth a tenth,so theres potentially another 3 tenths.Ah if it didn,t require so much practice we'd get bored with it all.Any guy that runs a nine has earn,t it. Glenn the Spa Man<i></i>
Glen knowing you like to play figures. here is a bit of Software you might find handy. From what I have been told it can calculate things reasonably accurate to the tenth.

A 95+ Kilo guy is going to find it tough to break into the 9's on a all stock bike according to the program and pretty much what we have seen is true. Like you have pointed out those tenths here and there soon add!!

Striptune

Shayne

<i></i>
Nice work! That's me to a tee really except I might be a little less on the weight, but only a small amount. I'm 10.01 on the 1m longer track so it all sounds about right.
Soooooo, look out 9s! <i></i>