Do your brakes "fade"?
Each time the Busa goes for a service I get it back and the brakes seem great. A week later they seem not as effective...

Does this happen to anyone else?

Any ideas why?
"sometimes crime does pay"<i></i>
hmmmm....sometimes a mechanic will drop the pads out & rub them on carborundum paper to remove surface hardness & expose fresh pad material..... <i></i>
Stainless rotors use sintered metal pads.Under light applications they are prone to glazing which gives a wooden lever with poor initial bite.after a track day they will feel great for about a week then they,ll glaze again.Change your pads would bee a good start.Ferodo cp911*,ebc(better initial bite) or even zx12 pads for the same calipers. <i></i>
I have the Ferodo's on already...

Still the same problem though...

You had better get some decent bloody disks then bloke. Don't worry about the rest of the kit, braided lines and super sensitive pads and the Bus brakes are still bloody prehistoric in performance compared to just about any of the other large movers. Bloody Kawasaki went from Tocicos to Nissin's, the difference is just incredible.

Max Madmax - GSX1300R Black and Grey Buses Rule
Good Bike, Good Woman, Good Road, Good Weather, Good God - Good Bye!
Smith and Wesson - The original point and click interface.
Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.
<i></i>
Is there a down side to getting better disks?
Why haven't Suzuki fixed them after all these years?
Down side - rattle like a bucket of nails in a washing machine and rust.

While washing my bike on Friday I could actually see the rust starting. Next morning the pads had frozen to the discs. Nothing an decent shove forward couldnt fix and the rust disapears after the first application of brake. Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
<i></i>
My busa with braketech rotors and braided lines is comparable to my vfr with stock rotors,good pads and braided lines.Its the whole package thats lacking.Its the calipers and especially the master cylinder,not just the rotors.My advice pan is to ride grahams bike with a better master cylinder and see what you think.The braketechs definately improve braking power and feel but with the ferodos track pad, do need a little heat to come good.For your riding try different pads and perhaps a better master cylinder and a brakeline to each caliper in parallel,not in series.This tends to boil the fluid sooner giving inconsistent bite on each disk.A radial master cylinder 19mm bore 18 or 20mm offset will make the biggest difference to feel at the lever and effort required to stop. <i></i>
I have now also moved to a Brembo master cylinder on the clutch also. Yum. Smoother, shorter throw, less effort, and now matches the brake side.

Max

Madmax - GSX1300R Black and Grey Buses Rule
<i></i>
Max whats the bore diameter on the clutch master compared to the stock one please ?
FF1 <i></i>
that brembo looks awesome....

very nice max.... how much a set of masters set you back $$ ? New Page 1RegardGrantKing of Stealth Blingwww.blingpartsaustralia.com.au<i></i>
I,m guessing 16mm bore.I wonder if its better to launch with? Glenn the Spa Man<i></i>
The numbers suggest 19-20. but Ray would be the best person to ask as mine both now have brake fluid in them .
Please don't ask the cost, I got them from Ray - email me and I'll give you a price .

Max - Madmax - GSX1300R Black and Grey Buses Rule
<i></i>