Inventors wanted
My back is not as good as it used to be and my speakers are a metre and a half tall and bloody heavy.
I use a trolley but the prob is getting them up and in my trailer which is about 2 feet off the ground.

Can any of you smart mechanically minded people think of a way to level each speaker up 2 ft approx that can be easily made or bought?
Some sort of quick lift jack or something.
Any help greatly appreciated
lightbulb 
DJ ............... it's called a ramp Pi_thumbsup
Should I patent it ? Welcome
Just gaggin ya ................ but it could do the trick ? Just run the trolley up and put them down once on the trailer Pi_thumbsup
sorry thought of that it would be too hard and it would need to be too long to make it easy to push. Also its an enclosed trailer with roof and the speakers are a tight fit with a couple of inches head room
heres a pic of the speakers if that helps.
http://mobiledjservices.com.au/

What I think I need is a scissor lift but looking its hard to find a real portable and lightweight one.
something like this!
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=h...olleys.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.infolink.com.au/t/Lifting-Aid&usg=__QR9GK8POaIYe8nb47rDXmP3cFPs=&h=148&w=200&sz=8&hl=en&start=33&itbs=1&tbnid=1VhEW0GI5t83VM:&tbnh=77&tbnw=104&prev=/images%3Fq%3DTelelift%26start%3D20%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26ndsp%3D20%26tbs%3Disch:1

Serious.
Simple but effective and able to fit in the trailer.
Just a jazzed up lever that would go up 2 ft.

this is it...

[Image: images%3Fq%3DPorta%2BLift%2BTrolley%26hl...s%3Disch:1]
pic dont show up just x box.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
DJ, go to a package shifting supplier, sack truck /castor wheel seller. You can buy a small ,or large 4 wheel trolly with a hydrological lift up bed on it, for a couple of hundred buck's. Should raise 2 ft easily .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
there ya go Volvi...

.jpg   Porta-Lift-portable-lifting-trolley-from-Reflex-Handling-and-Storage-216065.jpg (Size: 9.3 KB / Downloads: 93)
Thanks Greeny I really need it flat, no wheel so I think the above would suit best. Just have to find one. These seem to be rare
bugger that trolley above is $800!!
(21-02-2010, 07:08pm)DjPete Wrote: there ya go Volvi...

Thanks Greeny I really need it flat, no wheel so I think the above would suit best. Just have to find one. These seem to be rare
bugger that trolley above is $800!!

I have seen that style for about $400 , don't pay $800 .Your a clever bloke DJ , make one with a 12v DC Lifter, as MR Clarkson say's, How hard can it be ?

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
mmm
you could get a lift made on the back of trailer not sure on $ but you have plenty Very Happy
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
mmm.
I am far from that rich Rod.
I just dont spend much.
Lol
What about 4 fixed wheels mounted directly onto the back of the speakers, one set of two down low, close but not quite on the ground. To move the speakers simply tip the speaker back so the wheels contact the ground. The second set of two wheels could be mounted close to the trailer floor height. Roll the speaker up to the trailer (on the lower wheels) and then tip it into the trailer (onto the second set of wheels) and roll it to the required position inside the trailer. You could leave it lying down to save your back or pick it up to save space. You could play around with the exact positions so that the speakers are balanced and the wheels take most of the weight.

Bunnings have the wheels you would need.

The trolley just seems like an extra complication.
wow i'de never thought of that Pira. Even without the wheels that could be worth trying just t get them up. What a brainy bunch you lot are.
Thanks