uniden gps301
Hey guys i just brought my first Bussa (2006 Red/Black)
I was looking at a uniden gps 301 for it .Now my question is are they any good and how hard is it to wire 1 to my bike <i></i>
Hey, Is that the model that is accurate to 20 m ?

Could be a handy thing for the coroner.

"Turn left 60 m.
Oops you missed the left hand corner
Your current position is not on any listed thoroughfare
Uniden will send flowers"

<i></i>
Hi Bandit.......
Welcome to the board.

Eventually, maybe, if you hang around long enough, there may be someone who can answer your question about the GPS.
But I don't know of any busa members who have one.
A lot of Ulysses guys have em though.

Where are you from? eg. Town / State.

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i></i>
Am living in Albury ,moved here for work about 9 months ago fron Tassie
I just traded my 04 bandit on a Bussa had it 4 days and just love it
<i></i>
Albury, nice place and lotsa good roads around the rivers and mountains.
My wife is from Chiltern and we will be down that way over Easter, I'll keep my eye out for a busa around town.
<i></i>
Hi Bandit.... I happened to be pottering around on Pete Lee's site (Peter started the original Hayabusa site up in 1999 I believe) and it just so happens he did a review on the GPS unit you mentioned back in June 2005. Having read through it, I'd consider getting one myself (something I'd never thought of before). For those of you who don't really have need of a device that tells you how to get from A to B - this isn't really one of those types of GPS units from what I've read. Instead it will warn you of fixed radar and camera locations, accident black spots etc. It's (apparently) a very accurate speedo and has a number of point-to-point statistical and timing options that seem pretty interesting. Have a read. I've included the link.

www.hyp4r.com/hayabusa/gps301_review.htm

And heres another review of the same unit....

autospeed.drive.com.au/cms/A_2422/article.html

While you're in Peters site, have a read, theres some great information there. It was reading thru Pete's site back in 2002 that got me hooked on busa's - as a result of which I bought my first (but not my last) in August 2002.

Hope the info is of some assistance...
The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob<i>Edited by: AstroBusa at: 13/3/06 6:56 pm
</i>
Thanks for that i had a look and it sure has a lot of info.
i only got rid of my Bandit cause it had a bloody terrible vibration in the fairing that couldn't be fixed .mind you the new bussa was sure worth it <i></i>