Help ecm
Hayabusa Hey guys new here i have 99 busa having problem at moment seem to be weak spark. was running rough at low revs changed plugs checked all connectioins tested all sensors coil caps checked and cleaned fuel filter. Tested for codes all clear so only thing left i feel is try another ecm. anyone have any other ideas? or a 99 or 00 ecm i would be able to try? or anyone willing to let me plug there computer into my bike or plug mine into theirs to see if anything changes all help greatly appreciated.
madbusa Wrote:Hayabusa Hey guys new here i have 99 busa having problem at moment seem to be weak spark. was running rough at low revs changed plugs checked all connectioins tested all sensors coil caps checked and cleaned fuel filter. Tested for codes all clear so only thing left i feel is try another ecm. anyone have any other ideas? or a 99 or 00 ecm i would be able to try? all help greatly appreciated.

G,Day
John White here from Qld, I have been trying to resolve a similar problem on my 2000 for over 18 months, my bike has lost smooth drivability at light throttle and low revs ( up to 3000).I had changed tps sensor, all three air sensors, the coolant temp sensor, had the injectors cleaned and tested twice, fuel pump apart and cleaned twice, new fuel filter, numerous new plugs, new fuel filter+ hoses, new cush drive rubbers and chain and sprockets.
Also have a power commander usb and have had that mapped inside out and none of the above made a cracker of difference to my bike (kinked the wallet a bit though)
Last thing I tried was a s/h ECM from Vic motorcycle wreckers thinking this was the problem for sure but it was identical to the one on the bike, like you I have never had a code show and the bike screams straight to redline any time any where eliminating any ignition weakness.
Please expand on the rough running a bit more and tell me exactly what you have already checked, you never know we might end up with a fix on both bikes, I"m guessing you have already read my post (under NORVIN) about my light surge, the guys have put in a lot of good leads there.
Please keep me posted
Regards John.
Norvin Wrote:
madbusa Wrote:Hayabusa Hey guys new here i have 99 busa having problem at moment seem to be weak spark. was running rough at low revs changed plugs checked all connectioins tested all sensors coil caps checked and cleaned fuel filter. Tested for codes all clear so only thing left i feel is try another ecm. anyone have any other ideas? or a 99 or 00 ecm i would be able to try? all help greatly appreciated.

G,Day
John White here from Qld, I have been trying to resolve a similar problem on my 2000 for over 18 months, my bike has lost smooth drivability at light throttle and low revs ( up to 3000).I had changed tps sensor, all three air sensors, the coolant temp sensor, had the injectors cleaned and tested twice, fuel pump apart and cleaned twice, new fuel filter, numerous new plugs, new fuel filter+ hoses, new cush drive rubbers and chain and sprockets.
Also have a power commander usb and have had that mapped inside out and none of the above made a cracker of difference to my bike (kinked the wallet a bit though)
Last thing I tried was a s/h ECM from Vic motorcycle wreckers thinking this was the problem for sure but it was identical to the one on the bike, like you I have never had a code show and the bike screams straight to redline any time any where eliminating any ignition weakness.
Please expand on the rough running a bit more and tell me exactly what you have already checked, you never know we might end up with a fix on both bikes, I"m guessing you have already read my post (under NORVIN) about my light surge, the guys have put in a lot of good leads there.
Please keep me posted
Regards John.

If your realy stuck an 01 ecu can be fitted, requires a change of pins at the ecu.
i have a 01 ecu and can supply a pinout guide for the ecu.
pins are changed by pushingthe white latches on the ecu plug to release the pin catch moving the wires to the new position then relocking the latch..
Same problem with my 99.
Opening throttle to 3000 RPM in neutral, engine stutters and clears up over 3000 RPM when hot.
Cold engine and no stuttering
Rideability below 3000 light load around corners etc have to feather clutch.
Only mod on bike is aftermarket mufflers.
No power commander.
Medium throttle to WOT bike runs fine.