1st speeding ticket on k8
damn coppers. bloke with a radar rifle got me today.

i was just idling in 6th which annoyed me. cost me 2 points and 150 bucks.

even told him i keep it on the dragstrip for speed but he needed his quota.

one things for sure these new busa have a very sensitive throttle and the speedo's pretty much spot on. Only got a 1kmh allowance. i even checked the gun.

just for everyones info.
Bugger, tough break mate
OUCH congrats
Sad news, 1km allowance thats where the real crime is being commited, bloody highway robbery.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
Firstly congrats you may be the first to be booked on a k8, but many more of us will follow Scary
Surely thay can't book you for 1 kph over, they nornmaly give us 10% for speed error in NSW Scary
May be Vic this could happen Undecided
Yeah bad luck Revitt.

Maybe he meant that the busa speedo was only 1kph out of indicated speed not the gun setting?
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
South Australia has dropped from 10K allowance to 8 now, still a pain......but seems we are luckier that other states...........
REVIT13 Wrote:damn coppers. bloke with a radar rifle got me today.

i was just idling in 6th which annoyed me. cost me 2 points and 150 bucks.

even told him i keep it on the dragstrip for speed but he needed his quota.

one things for sure these new busa have a very sensitive throttle and the speedo's pretty much spot on. Only got a 1kmh allowance. i even checked the gun.

just for everyones info.

Sorry to hear that mate
where abouts did he get you,
Hope you got a few more points than my 1 point i been riding on for 1 year now
I know where your coming from my busa sees 160 - 180 everyday down the hwy, i know its not much but they just cruise at that speed

LIVE TO RIDE AND RIDE TO LIVE

LET THOSE WHO RIDE DECIDE
yeah i was referring to the gun vs my speedo, about 1kmh out.

between dawesville and australind. 124 in a 110kmh zone. was just idling along on 6th. He definately wanted his quota. i was at times under the limit but he got me when i was at my highest speed for the trip at 8.30am.

still got all my points bar these just my 1st ticket on my 3rd busa. may need to look at a throttle lock for future cruises unless fanging with the lads but it won't be on this stretch.

also better than 160-180 in 100 zone demon. you would have to do a runna at that pace!

i'll send my time slip from the drags tommorrow to show him what speedings all about.
So how fast have you had the new busa down the drags,
last time i just copped it sweet but fine was only $350 and 6 points reduced from 50 over to 40 over, by motorcycle cop.
but not like now.(6 month suspension $1000 fine i think)
At the end of the day you just gotta enjoy the ride and try to pick the spots for a blast,
Glad to see you love the new bike, like me at the end of the day it really wouldnt have bothered me what colour bike i got , because i just had to have one, if the bike in the shop was blue so be it.
After all it really is a GREAT bike.

I was saved by my K8 deadly silent pipes on the weekend.

I was gassing it out of a roundabout in a 60 zone and approaching a slight left hander.
I noticed some activity beside the road up ahead and backed off to about 80.
As I went around the bend I passed 3 unmarked patrol cars and a cop standing there with his radar gun by his side.
I sailed past without them even batting an eyelid and gradually backed off as I went up the road in case they came along but all was sweet.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Ive gotta admit i have sailed past 1 unmarked car & 1 hand held and niether gave me a second glance