wheel weight
what are the weights of stock wheels without tyres on them?
too much.Ride shredders bike and see what light wheels do for a busa.
spamanglenn Wrote:too much.Ride shredders bike and see what light wheels do for a busa.

was just wondering what the difference between stockos and aftermarket was? kg wise?
Forged alloy 3.0kgs difference
Forged magnesium 6.0
Carbon 9.0kgs
all approx.but close
9kg difference for carbon... Scary wonder how many 10th's that would drop ya drag time down by ... Smitten
Regards
Grant
(Townsville, QLD)

www.stickersuperstore.com.au (for your sticker and sign needs)

Smitten 03 with a hair dryer - slammed and stretched (stealth mode engaged)
JUST GO ON A DIET YOU FAT PRICKS?
pink pantys 4 every one .see you in hell bitches
i'm thinking 9kg of rotational weight .... that would make alot more output difference than 9kg of unsprung weight on the bike i think.. anyone??

i'm on a diet right now.. it's called jimbeam and coke diet.. lol..
Regards
Grant
(Townsville, QLD)

www.stickersuperstore.com.au (for your sticker and sign needs)

Smitten 03 with a hair dryer - slammed and stretched (stealth mode engaged)
Busa powered 600.
Correct i've read it somewhere before but yes it does make a biger difference than it sounds like. Reason is wheels move with the bike but also have to rotate up to speed. Aftermarkets are lighter so acceleration is improved, plus their weight is more cetered in the hub area (less weight at the rim) so they also spin up with less motor effort.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
On a site called Ram ,it said that 1 kg off the wheel is like 6-8kg off the bike. They also said it would be like having approx 20hp gain if using the same wheels on a track bike. As Mechanx said loose weight , well i reckon he would have to loose approx 40 kgs to have the same advantage as carbon wheels.Look at the 7 sec Ozzy drag bikes 2 of the have Dymag carbon rears and the other Marvic magnesium rear , i think also Brock Davidson used the Dymag carbons to get the world speed record on the Busa.
I haven,t any hard data and i think the cush drive differences may have some effect.However carbon/stock rear wheel and same tyre the carbon seemed easier to launch and i seemed a tenth quicker on average for the night in the et.Too many variances to nail it down between the 2 nights.With turbo busas and high hp busas all the racers have a light rear to minimise momentum so upon wheelspin traction can be regained much faster making the bike respond to the track alot faster equalling a better potential timeslip..
i think the light rear is a two edged sword on the big hp stuff , once traction is lost it would flare up quicker.
Maj, how much is big HP stuff?
i suppose anything that can over power the available traction by a fair margine, i don't mean blacklining with 20,30 % wheelslip, light wheels should help here but instant traction loss ,